Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Another camper thread. – not my usual ambitious projects.
  • mick_r

Also started using Postimage here for forum stuff. Dead simple and just works.

Keep up the updates 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ha must be a glutton for punishment ownign an ive o and a land rover at the same time…. Get to bulk by
    Uy wire wheels and chassis paint though haha. Yeah i knew my calipers were siezed ….they were fine when i boht it but idiot here left the hand brake on for 10 weeks while at work.

Will pook into post image.

trail_rat
    Free Member

fair getting the use out of it. did an 1100 mile road trip in tattie hols there down to GT , over west and up to lochearnhead then out to malaig and up to torridon and poolewe then back down through the cairngorms. did some tasty riding in the hills and mrs TR did some swimming in the loch between.

only issue noted was that i seem to have broken a fuel tank strap – new one ordered

and when i got home i found the bottle jack in the garage- not under the seat where its supposed to be. Slight oversight that especially after i went to all the effort of changing the front hubs and brakes to ensure i only needed a single spare wheel DOH !

trail_rat
    Free Member

also forgot – the table finally arrived !

alexxx
    Free Member

Hey Terry – looking good! who trimmed the seats?

trail_rat
    Free Member

**** knows.

but they are bloody awful.

white vinyls such a bad idea on so many levels.

on a plus point though i found out that the garage can hold 2 full assembled road bikes , 1 fully assembled MTB and 2 MTBs with the front wheels out ….

and still have space for the folding table/chairs / and associated camper crap.

trail_rat
    Free Member

New shoes

225/75/r16 in 112/115 load rating. To replace the 4 different branded tires that were on it….including one that’s been on since I got it and passed an mot under me from previous owner that was an all terrain- a 103 rated and a different aspect ratio as well…. Bad form – I should have noticed that earlier.

The iveco on its van tires was a vehicle you kept off of grass if rain was forecast.

With these things fitted on the back it made short work of the fire road at the puffer… I fitted my snow chains to ensure I could get out on Sunday with no issues but I’m sure it would have managed fine without it was really that impressive even when I had to stop on the hairpin to drop someone off it drove off like it was on tarmac.

Best mpg I’ve seen was 31mpg with mostly motorway driving….

I got 27mpg with driving the a96 north from Aberdeen -a horrible fast/slow a road going through towns…..and with an hour or so of fast idle on hand throttle to charge the leisure’s on Saturday afternoon when we worked out the trees had meant the solar didn’t charge. Not convinced the all terrain s extra drag is a big factor when your 3.5 tonnes and shaped like a brick…..no extra road noise either.

Perfect mothership for a 24 🙂 loving it

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Another camper thread. – not my usual ambitious projects.’ is closed to new replies.