Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Another british teenage obese story
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Let’s all laugh and point at fat people.

johnners
    Free Member

Let’s all laugh and point at fat people

Yeah, i wonder how it’s going to help a teenager being featured on the national news like that.

hora
    Free Member

Her Mum should have faced child abuse charges YEARS Ago.

Social services are obviously shit and incompetent in South Wales.

globalti
    Free Member

Britain is full of people who aren’t coping with life. Since asylums became unfashionable and were closed down to save money many of them end up at home addicted to something or in prison, where they are surrounded by real criminals.

MSP

Not coping with life is very very different to needing to be institutionalised. The problem is its popular to point and laugh or just blame life’s victims.

warton
    Free Member

I would imagine she’s got bigger problems than her eating. Sad state of affairs, hopefully she’ll get the help she needs

avdave2

Social services are obviously shit and incompetent in South Wales.

You know how yesterday you were saying you couldn’t think of anything you’d achieved in life?, well nothings changed since then.

hora
    Free Member

You know how yesterday you were saying you couldn’t think of anything you’d achieved in life?, well nothings changed since then.

You do know this young woman was morbidly obese YEARS Ago don’t you?

Therefore a minor.

derek_starship
    Free Member

She must consume 12-15,000 calories a day to be that big and maintain that size. I couldn’t afford the food required for that calorie intake. How does she?

I doubt she’ll survive her spell in hospital.

finbar
    Free Member

Watch me not click on that Daily Mail link.

Stoner
    Free Member

‘This is not a freak show,’ said a police officer.

Just because you say it’s not so, doesnt mean it isn’t, officer…

hora
    Free Member

avdave2

Just for the record. She was 33stone at 15yrs old. Even with guesswork we can summise she would have been grossly overweight before that age.

I don’t mean this as an attack. I just feel disgusted at the situation. We still seem to be in the dark ages of what we class as child abuse.

martinhutch

A perfect storm of bad genes, bad lifestyle, bad parenting and lack of meaningful support/intervention.

You have to feel terribly sad for anyone in that state at her age.

wwaswas

So she lost half her bodyweight and then;

When I arrived my mum said she hadn’t had time to prepare any healthy food so we had fish and chips instead,’ she said.

how depressing 🙁

As above her Mum shoulders most of the blame here, blaming the NHS for not providing free gym membership is indicative of her lack of understanding of her role really.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I think martinhutch has it with this. Theres no one factor. Loads of people eat unhealthily but most end up merely “obese” rather than so fat they need to be removed from a house via crane. Must be more than one factor involved.

maccruiskeen

You’ve missed your calling Hora, I wonder if the Social Services in Wales have a vacancy for your new broom.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can we have her to help settle a recurring diet debate on here?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

She added that promised help from the NHS – from free gym membership to a personal trainer – had not materialised.

I just knew that, given it is a Daily Mail item, somehow the NHS would be at fault.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

By the way, just in case anyone had missed my sarcasm, the post was directed at the OP posting such crap as something to laugh at. I wasn’t suggesting that we should laugh at fat people.

Perhaps I should have added a 🙄 to re-enforce my point.

hora
    Free Member

You’ve missed your calling Hora, I wonder if the Social Services in Wales have a vacancy for your new broom.

I’d just go on 2hour lunches and have mysterious “appointments” in my diary then complain about being ‘overworked’ if my Manager tried pulling me up on cases….

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I’d just go on 2hour lunches and have mysterious “appointments” in my diary then complain about being ‘overworked’ if my Manager tried pulling me up on cases….

Yeah, that is all they do Hora. 🙄

Having to often work alongside Social Services to arrange on-going support after hospital discharge for patients I can tell you this, I wouldn’t want their job.

binners

Oi! Don’t be having a go at Hora. He speaks from a position of authority, representing, as he does, an industry that makes an invaluable contribution to the general well-being of wider society, with its selfless dedication

hora
    Free Member

Don’t you have to draw a picture somewhere in a gold and green colourway? 😆

avdave2

You do know this young woman was morbidly obese YEARS Ago don’t you?

Therefore a minor.

There’s minors left in Wales? I thought Maggie got rid of them all!

binners

Up yours Hora! I’ve graduated onto felt tips now I is a proper growed-up 😛

hora
    Free Member

Sweet child of Nazareth PLEASE don’t mention Thatcher you’ll have Junkyard and TJ allover this thread 😯

Pah binners pah. I’ve seen the future and its Apple retail

Junkyard
    Free Member

You called

Obviously she has issues and she deals with them via food [ I do wonder what her parents are doing letting her get to that size but i dont know all/any of the facts] unlike hora who deals with them by spouting shit on the internet …its odd he seems to have a lot of free time on his hands whilst working in the vibrant and un wasteful private sector. In fact he as so much time he can criticise public sector workers for being lazy whilst getting paid to not do his private sector job.

hora
    Free Member

We were just discussing the merits of the thatched-roof

Junkyard
    Free Member

It wont cover up either yours or Binners erm “double crown” and if it does I am calling you both Donald

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Thatched roofs… would they be easier for extracting the big-boned through?

khani
    Free Member

A perfect storm of bad genes, bad lifestyle, bad parenting and lack of meaningful support/intervention.
    You have to feel terribly sad for anyone in that state at her age.

This ^^^ this doesn’t happen just cos you’re greedy
    I wouldn’t be a social worker for all the tea in china, low paid, overworked and under supported blame donkeys!
    I can’t think of a more thankless career…

xcgb
    Free Member

Can we just get back to laughing and pointing a fat people please! 😀

khani
    Free Member

Post a pic an I’ll get laffin…

ditch_jockey

I’m still in shock that some buffoon called Jessica Ennis “fat” 😯

I’d love to see a picture of the ‘official’ that said it, so we can gain inspiration from his ripped physique.

therag
    Free Member

If they couldn’t get her out of a house, how the hell did they get her into an ambulance?

Social services always seem to get a hard time in S Wales when the offenders tend to get off lightly.

bwaarp
    Free Member

*Recoils in horror* – Nuke it from orbit it’s the only way to be sure.

bwaarp
    Free Member

If they couldn’t get her out of a house, how the hell did they get her into an ambulance?

Pushed her in until she fit? Must have been a tough job.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ambulance?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Another british teenage obese story’ is closed to new replies.