Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • And Churchill said no !
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Churchill Insurance live chat with …

You are being connected to a Sales Consultant

All of our Sales Consultants are currently helping others.
    Thank you for your patience. We will be with you shortly.
    You are now connected with Lyndsey
    Your reference number for this chat is L**************.

Lyndsey: Hi, I am your consultant, my name is Lyndsey. How may I help you today?
    Philip Williams: I cannot register due to my email address / details not matching records you have already on file. The email address is correct, I probably registered it when I had a quote for my wife who went on to insure with Churchill, for whatever reason your system does not want to recognise me.
    Lyndsey: If the email address has already been registered to someone else, you will need to use an alternative email address.

Philip Williams: Hello Lyndsey, the email address is mine ! not someone elses, I am dismayed at the lack of help here, if you were to look up the emither address then you would see it registered probably against my wifes details. ie , Mrs W Williams, 64 *********** Stafford – + car reg

Lyndsey: The email address may be registered to your wife as you said above. This means that you need to use an alternative email address. I cannot see your details unfortunately.

Philip Williams: Hello Lyndsey, where theres a will theres a way.

Philip Williams: Hello Lyndsey, If there is no will and no way then Churchill is not the place for me, Thank god I am not putting a claim in if something as simple as this is a stumbling block.

Lyndsey: I'm sorry about that.

Philip Williams: Hello Lyndsey, is a supervisor around ?

Philip Williams: Hello Lyndsey. I am a named driver on my wifes policy, how much more do I have to say ? the email address is mine.
    Lyndsey: I understand the email address is yours, but as you have used this for your wife's policy, this means that is is registered under your wife's name and not yours. You can call us to get a quote if you wish and this will stay on the system for 90 days.

Philip Williams: Hello Lyndsey, it amazes me, most homes have one computer, most homes only have perhaps one main user (as in my case), but we do have 2 cars…. (according to Churchill thats ok). My wife does not have an affiliation with computers so basically we need only one emither address cos all the emithers go out and are received by moire ! How can Churchill be so naive as to think everyone owns an independent emither address ?

Lyndsey: I am sorry again that you feel this way, as above there are 2 options you can either use an alternative email address to save the quote or you can call us on 0800 200 326 after 30 minutes and we should be able to retrieve the quote for you, we can then answer any questions you have and will give you the Internet price over the phone if you wish to accept.

Is it me, am I missing something, or is this totally normal..

DaveGr
    Free Member

Philip Williams: Hello Lyndsey, is a supervisor around ?

Should have asked to speak to the dog 😆

johnners
    Free Member

Philip Williams sounds like a bit of a tool.

bassspine
    Free Member

I don't understand the difficulty – what's the problem with using another email address?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Philip Williams sounds like a bit of a tool.

Phil Williams had been trying to save his quote and was getting fed up.
    your right about the 'tool' bit tho' 😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I don't understand the difficulty – what's the problem with using another email address?

Why should I need one, thats the bit that annoys me, its like saying to all my emial contacts at work "you shouldnt email on this address cos' its used to email another Customer" for instance, I find it ludicrous.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

no sympathy for you im afraid.

alexxx
    Free Member

lets be fair tho, i can see your frustration but how much hassle is it just to make an email address on gmail per say if you really want to be with churchill? its a 2minute job.

johnners
    Free Member

Why should I need one, thats the bit that annoys me

Dunno, perhaps it's a key field in their database? I don't get how Lyndsey's going to be able to do much about it on the fly.

Hello Lyndsey, where theres a will theres a way.
    Hello Lyndsey, If there is no will and no way then Churchill is not the place for me, Thank god I am not putting a claim in if something as simple as this is a stumbling block.

So what did unhelpful ol' Lyndsey try and fob poor Philip off with?

you can call us on 0800 200 326 after 30 minutes and we should be able to retrieve the quote for you, we can then answer any questions you have and will give you the Internet price over the phone if you wish to accept

Oh. That looks like it would do the trick, doesn't it?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

lets be fair tho, i can see your frustration but how much hassle is it just to make an email address on gmail per say if you really want to be with churchill? its a 2minute job.

Lets view this differently.
    I have the same home phone number as my wife
    I have the same address as my wife
    I have the same surname as my wife
    All these details were on the quotation form..
    why the big deal about my email address by Churchill ??????

Nico
    Free Member

I see your point Lyndsey, we get users like that at work all the time. Beats me how they manage to feed themselves. btw you should have suggested to him that he use Mailinator.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

What I can say, is that Churchill sent me a copy of the transaction of the email conversation to my normal email address ! the same address they would not let me use when trying to save my quote !
    I really find it strange, its a first for me, I've only ever used one email address for everything.

AlasdairMc

If you ever get that problem with a Gmail address, add a random dot somewhere as Gmail ignores dots but other systems see them as unique addresses.

allthepies
    Free Member

Seconded, the gmail "dot" thing is great 🙂

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

If you were a little less cocky about your own superior intellect, perhaps the stark, staring obvious answer is in front of you. I know its easier and funnier for the smaller of private parted gentleman to bugger "call centre staff" about, as clearly they earn less than you and you are clearly superior in every sense.

But lets say for example, Lyndsey can't allow you to use the same email for different people. Why? Data Protection of course. You are not, actually, your wife. You are a different person, with different privicy requirements, and email may be a form of communication between you and the company. Use the same address, and your private, personal confidential info becomes sharable with your wife.

You might wonder whats so wrong with that? Well, many people are not so happilly married as you, and might value and treasure confidential info about the ex spouse. Lets say she changed address, becasue your an abusive husband, only for her secret address to be emailed to you or vice versa.

Lyndsey cant tell how or why your using the info, or comment on the state of your marriage. All she knows, is that she must treat you both individually, in confidence. Lyndsey did nothing wrong, and frankly if your such a "difficult consumer", you probabably are a less attractive consumer than you fondly imagine.

Besides, imagine on a more positive spin, if you were going to buy a new car for your wife, or a motorbike or somehting, and your transaciton was made known to your wife via cross emails? It happens…

If I seem a little harsh, it is becasue I work in insurance, and people just wont try to listen, or understand, becasue its just easier to be bloody rude over a phone. Today, I had a prize part who kept going on about the failures of "my organisation" to deal with his claim. Well, we had repatriated his car from abroad, inspected it, made an offer to him, and paid him, in full in less than 21 days from when he left a French road and parked in a field. However, he couldnt understand that our failure to pay his excess to him (what did he think it was) or get a quick cheque from a French insurer was our fault. I explained several times, patiently, but he just couldnt accept that it wasn't "our" fault, in some, vague, ill defined way.

I get this most days. I get people like the OP most days.

GrahamS

we need only one emither address cos all the emithers go out and are received by moire !

WTF are "emithers" and how do you receive them using interference patterns ?

Aidy
    Free Member

With Gmail (perhaps others, I've not tested extensively), you can also add +thingy to the username section (e.g. mynormalusername+website@gmail.com, mynormalusername+someotherwebsite@gmail.com).

Useful for tracking down where spam comes from too, I use it a fair amount.

Nico
    Free Member

LOL @ smartarse reference to Moire.

Email addresses are used as user names – *FACT*

ex-pat
    Free Member

+1 for Jujuuk68

Regarding the conversation…
    You'd have been better of lying and saying you were your wife.

Toddboy
    Free Member

I wonder what Lyndsey said after that conversation ❓

uplink
    Free Member

WTF are "emithers"

I think mither is a quirky Lancastrian word meaning to bother someone – so emither would be to bother someone via email

They say hospickle & lickle too 🙂

I don't know how poor Lyndsey kept her cool for so long

nickname
    Free Member

why does every line begin with 'Hello Lyndsey', it sounds like some automated spambot 🙂

BlingBling
    Free Member

grumpyargumentativeoldfuck@hotmail.co.uk

Solved.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘And Churchill said no !’ is closed to new replies.