Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • An Hour a Day (Till Some Time In May)
  • Bunnyhop

You'll have to re-name yourself SlimJohn soon.

Keep going.

BigJohn

The name will fit for a while yet I think.

BigJohn

17 days in and still managing it. We just had a few days on the south coast so Friston Forest, Brighton & Bournemouth seafronts, New Forest all did their bit. I'm still averaging about 90 mins a day and haven't missed a day.

lyons
    Free Member

AnY improvement on that stats?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Well done mate, are you enjoying it yet / still?

I now feel bad about having a couple of days off of running at 6am (although I did feel proper rough) 🙁

BigJohn

Yes, I'm loving it. And Mrs Bigjohn is firmly onside as well, so I don't get the old raised eyebrows treatment. In fact she's helping me to find the right time to fit a ride in. When we went down to the coast she was fine about doing an hour or so's stop for my ride. She was going to come with me until she saw we were only a mile from the RHS Wisley Gardens so said bugger that, I'll go and look at the begonias and you can ride along the towpaths!

I'm not bothering to measure anything else until I go back to the docs in May (a fair bit lighter, I hope, although I don't think the riding is burning any fat, it's the cutting down on eating and drinking that's doing that.

It was a disastrous weekend for the "units" though. Staying with a few old friends means I supped about 70 units in 4 days. 🙄

JEngledow
    Free Member

Yes, I'm loving it

🙂 🙂 🙂

lyons
    Free Member

Good on you mate. I think I may make sure that I forge same for the next month. I ride an hour most days anyway… Bu

zaskar
    Free Member

Good luck and just smile through the rain-makes riding more fun!

Don't forget a rest period between rides for recovery and sort out your nutrition!

Go for it!

Bregante

It was a disastrous weekend for the "units" though. Staying with a few old friends means I supped about 70 units in 4 days.

Jesus H 😯

maxray
    Free Member

fair play to you. It has made me feel i little better about my alcohol intake of late, tho there has been extenuating circumstances. Keep it up.

BigJohn

70 in 4 days doesn't take a lot of work. 4 beers, half bottle of wine and a whisky each day just about covers it. They're sneaky little things you know.

BigJohn

22 days with no fails yet.

Last week 1 averaged 89 minutes a day, and it was only yesterday (when I'd spent all day up & down ladders preparing to paint the front of the house) that was a struggle to get myself out. Still, a good 3 hours today, around the Monkey Trail and other stuff.

Units were 76 though, but being away with friends, and Mrs BJ on Easter holidays still didn't help. Should be below 50 this week.

BigJohn

That's week 4 done! Not a hitch so far and an average of 92 minutes a day. I was on for a lot more until my back started playing up. That was more decorating-related I think.

Units – a measly 49. But that doesn't include tonight's quota, so I might have to stick to water.

Three weeks to go!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘An Hour a Day (Till Some Time In May)’ is closed to new replies.