Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Amusing On-one customer service emails
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

This may be a small rant, but thought the cryptic emails were funny so thought I’d share…

Basically bought a scandal 29er frame off their ebay clearance, turned up missing crown race and top cover from headset. Both are in stock at on-one so thought it wouldn’t be an issue for them to send them out. I admit the first email may have been a little snotty…

I recently purchased a Scandal 29er frame from your ebay shop (item no. xxxxxx), which arrived today.
    The ebay ad said “This frame has had some use but comes fitted with headset to fit tapered forks”, however the headset is missing the top cap and crown race.

Without these bits, the headset is useless!

Can you please either send the missing bits, or a headset that I can
    actually use?

Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have sent out the correct parts in the post for you, these will leave us today.

Once you have the parts please let us know if there is still anything incorrect or missing.

Kind regards

Ooh, all good so far. Waited over a week and still nothing so…

Hi,

Can you check whether this went out? Nothing arrived as yet.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have been looking and the part we are sending out is on pre order -however, we have sent you a unit that has gone with Royal Mail the problem here is it can take 7-14 working days for delivery.

At this stage I would not be concerned, If you haven;t got anything by next Wednesday please drop me an e-mail.

Kind regards

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you confirm what has been sent and what is on pre-order?

Thanks,

Hi,

That is correct yes, we have sent one in the post as my colleague was not certain it was correct what you were actually missing.

So I have suggested ordering the whole object and sending that also.

Kind regards

Sent this a few days ago:

I’m not sure that you have understood the parts that are missing. They are:

Crown race for tapered forks (shown in stock here):
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HSOOSMCROW/on-one-smoothie-mixer-stainless-steel-crown-race-for-15-inch-steerer

And the top cover of the headset (the part that says ‘Smoothie Mixer’ on it), note that the whole headset is shown in stock here):
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HSOOSMTAPER/on-one-smoothie-mixer-tapered-headset

So, as far as I can tell, both parts that are missing are in stock so I’m not sure what needed ordering?!?

No reply.

I really dont understand whats going on over there. This is simple.

But I’m glad they’ve told me that they’ve already sent me something that isn’t in stock and that they need to order incase its not what I need.

Or something like that.

Where’s that squiggle bloke…

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare top-cap you can have.

🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

This forum has done a good job of putting me off using PX or On One for anything, seems like we see way too many threads like this.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare top-cap you can have

Don’t come to me with solutions. 😆

(thanks, email in profile, I can PP you some postage if required 8) )

scotroutes

That delay in the missing parts arriving will probable double the “life” of the Smoothie Mixer.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Doh, thanks BigDummy, but its part of the headset thats missing (top bearing cover thing), not the pre-load top cap.

Maybe someone with a smoothie mixer that rusted and turned to dust, then got it replaced by Brant has a spare top cover thing and taper crown race lying around…?

russyh
    Free Member

Jeez, agree with the above, far too many nightmare stories for me. I wont be ordering from PX again. I understand they are busy and isolated cases etc. etc. but there are far too many instances of things going wrong. The making of a good company is not what they sell, or how much they charge. Its how they deal with things when it goes wrong.

Good luck mrjmt, i have a feeling this is not the final chapter in the story.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Just to add a bit of balance:

1st August

Hi,
    Returned my Reverb to you guys on the 5th July for a warranty service/replacement.
    Since your email confirming receipt I’ve not had any further word.
    Please can you give me an update on progress?
    Thanks
    James

4th August

James,
    Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. We have spoken to SRAM this morning and they are still awaiting stock in order to send a new replacement to us.
    I have spoken to the Warranty department and they have agreed that I can taken one from our stock and send that to you today. I have therefore placed your order and this will be dispatched out to you.

5th August, by text

Your parcel from planetx is on its way and is out for delivery today. Track your parcel at…

Its not all bad guys!

mrjmt
    Free Member

Wierd, your emails from them even made sense.

Mine is like reading the instruction manual for something from dealextreme!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I won’t be ordering from them as they want to charge 9.99 to send me a 50mm stem that costs 20 quid

scandal42
    Free Member

Just thank your lucky stars you didn’t order socks 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

socks were in the basket…. why?

stumpy01

howsyourdad1 – Member
    I won’t be ordering from them as they want to charge 9.99 to send me a 50mm stem that costs 20 quid

Eh?! Are you based in the UK?
    Postage on stuff over £20 is free and under £20, Royal Mail is £2.50.
    I’ve just ordered some gear cables from On One that came to less than £20 and was charged £2.50 for delivery.

b1gf00t
    Free Member

Or

I have had a look at your account and can see that you have been using Planet X for a long time and have spent a lot of money with us and I cannot apolagise enough for you having this negative experience.
    You are the customers that we want to retain and make sure are happy with Planet x
    For the issues you have had with this order I can add £20 credit for the negative experience you have had with us and hope this goes some way of making this a more positive experience.
    But more than anything I would like to add £80 credit for your loyalty to Planet X.
    In total that will be a £100 credit added to your account

Would have been a nice gesture if they had actually done it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

nah i’m in Europe but a tenner is a joke

bland

it dont come free post you know, dont expect us brits to subside your post as well as your families and social security too you leach! Jeez, bloody foreigners, always on the want!!! 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i would pay five of your english pounds and have the rest subsidised from Brussels. I must go now as i work a 30 hour week.

mrjmt
    Free Member

so can I get my crown race and top cover from Brussels maybe?

sheepshifter
    Free Member

Wont bother using them again, whilst up north from the midlands thought id pop in their showroom, retail store? Honestly dont bother no customer sevice at all, my question to myself why pretend at being a retailer when you just sell on price online.I would liken them to be the Sports Direct of the cycle industry, come on lads you can do better , close the showroom come store if you dont give a flying …. in offering advice or any sort of service.

dragon
    Free Member

That’s an insult to Sports Direct, after all their socks last more than one wear unlike Do-One’s.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

You should know that no one is Brussels is accountable either

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Brant!

Oh….

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

I bought a mark 1 456 EVO off them just over 2 years ago, and I’m shocked to report that it was delivered with no fuss and is still going now.
    I bought a set of Sektors and some merino socks just over a year ago and they are all still working fine, after a trouble free order and delivery.
    Shocking, don’t know how they get away with it.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve had:
    An inbred – no problems
    A Titus FTM – returned due to rubbish finish, then had to resort to shouting Brant’s name on here to get cracked chainstay sorted
    A Dirty Harry – no problems
    This Scandal 29er – missing bits

I reckon that’s a 50% success rate. Pretty much done with them now.

Northwind

Mine was like this:

This frame is defective, I’d like to make a warranty claim
    Yes it is defective, but it’s over a year old and the warranty is only a year, sorry.
    No it isn’t, it’s 2 years. Says so on your website
    Ah, you read the warranty? In that case- actually there’s a specific exclusion for the finish, it’s only 1 year.
    No really, there isn’t.
    No you’re right, there isn’t. Actually finish is never covered by any warranties ever, forget what I said about 1 year.
    That’s bollocks though isn’t it.
    Yes it is. Actually forget everything I said about warranty- because actually, the reason for this problem isn’t a fault at all, you invalidated the warranty by not doing X
    Yeah, but I did do X
    Did you? Well in that case forget what I said about the warranty, and about doing X…

It was like a random lie generator. Quite funny in a way but just showed a total contempt really. But I suppose it worked because I gave up trying to make a warranty claim. Won’t spend a wooden penny with them now though.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Out of interest, where would I stand now if I went teddy out of the cot and said they can just have it back?

Would I have been covered by distance selling regs 7 day return thing as it was off their ebay site?

Also, its now past 7 days, but only because they’ve told me to wait for a delivery that they clearly have never sent (because they clearly didn’t even know what they were supposed to be sending).

Jamie
    Free Member

14 days seems to be the standard time frame given on their auctions.

mrjmt
    Free Member

14 days seems to be the standard time frame given on their auctions.

aaahaaa! thanks. might have a trip down to sheffield.

rhid

With regards to Distance Selling Regs, does the 14 days (for example) start the day you place the order or the date you recieve it? I am trying hard to return something now (not to on one or planet X in this case)and the 14days is up on Saturday. however the order took almost a week to arrive. The item needs to be collected etc between now and Saturday too!

sq225917
    Free Member

mrjmt, dust cap and 1.5 crown race? In black?

jairaj

I think you’d be entitled to full refund even outside of 7 days as the item is not as described. ie missing components.

mrjmt
    Free Member

mrjmt, dust cap and 1.5 crown race? In black?

Yup.

atlaz
    Free Member

Distance selling is only about you changing your mind, not if the things turn up humped or with bits missing. Pretty sure sale of goods act will cover you for this

sq225917
    Free Member

Dust cap i’ve got, but there’s no spares in the magic box of mechanics bits for the 1.5 fork crown race.

duntstick
    Free Member

So that’s a new headset then, Prontopost?

kudos
    Free Member

It’s Mr Squiggle!

Jamie
    Free Member

So that’s a new headset then, Prontopost?

Depends if there is one in the magic warehouse of stuff.

sq225917
    Free Member

Looking at stock there’s no reason why the eBay guy can’t order you the lower race. I can’t jump in on ebay sales and order part to complete them. But I can send you the top cover from our spares box. Just pm me your address and i’ll stick it in the post tonight.

russyh
    Free Member

Just for the record, if you purchased through an ‘auction’ and not buy it now distance selling regs do not apply. Albeit eBay and paypal offers different protection.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Simon, thanks for trying to help.

I’ve emailed the customer service people back and CC’d you in.

Please arrange a courier to come pick it up.

Last email from CS was a joke.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Amusing On-one customer service emails’ is closed to new replies.