Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • Americans
  • emsz
    Free Member

WTF am I doing up at this time on a Sunday?

Just seen off two Americans (friends of Chris’ Family) more specifically Californians. They’re just not from this planet, are they? At first I was a bit awe struck if I’m honest, they just ‘sparkle’ y’know? They look soooo healthy, mid brown sun kissed skin, no wrinkles, white teeth, sun bleached blond hair, Amber (yes, really) pretty? Oh my Gosh.

But after a while, that accent…sets your teeth on edge and so ignorant, and so **** self obsessed, and they wanted so much to ‘identify’ with everything. it’s beyond funny. Why is it that everything was so hard? they were such hard work.

Just made breakfast (english, I knew they wouldn’t eat it, LOL) and me Chris and Sara are sat here like zombies, we’re all just a bit knackered.

Back to bed.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

😐

clubber
    Free Member

and so **** self obsessed

And yet you expect us to know who Chris and Sara are…

Just saying, like 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

Have you just killed and eaten them?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Once you start getting a tiny bit annoyed with the upwards inflection at the end of EVERY sentence, it starts to become something you wonder if you could use in a murder defence. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

bit like the Oirish brogue eh?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

bit like the Oirish brogue eh?

😉

No, that’s just a sort of lubricant.

allthepies
    Free Member

lol @ clubber

iDave
    Free Member

It’s like judging the English based solely on two people, say TJ and CFH….. actually when I think about it…..

clubber
    Free Member

Ouch, Dave…

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Educate them and send Em back! at least give Em half a chance ;O) Lol

roper
    Free Member

¡Dave does have a point. You should see the British from an “any other country in the world” perspective. 😯

TooTall
    Free Member

As one half of a transatlantic couple, I see the best and worst in both. The mad/fat/ugly people on the Walmart website all have relations in Asda/Tesco etc.

despite their foibles, would your visitors post how annoying someone was on a website after they had visited?

Just saying, like

Hairychested
    Free Member

You should see the British from an “any other country in the world” perspective.

zokes
    Free Member

But after a while, that accent…sets your teeth on edge and so ignorant, and so **** self obsessed, and they wanted so much to ‘identify’ with everything. it’s beyond funny. Why is it that everything was so hard? they were such hard work.

Clearly you know different ‘merkins to me 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The mad/fat/ugly people on the Walmart website all have relations in Asda/Tesco etc.

I think you might have missed this bit :

“I was a bit awe struck if I’m honest, they just ‘sparkle’ y’know? They look soooo healthy, mid brown sun kissed skin, no wrinkles, white teeth, sun bleached blond hair, Amber (yes, really) pretty?”

Which to be fair to you, only represents about 25% of the original post – so easily done.

BoardinBob

despite their foibles, would your visitors post how annoying someone was on a website after they had visited?

+1

Torn faced cow

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Clearly you know different ‘merkins to me 🙄

Are you surprised ? ………you sound as if you might be.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

more than a tad harsh bob.

zokes
    Free Member

more than a tad harsh bob racist emzs.

FIFY

Jamie
    Free Member

And yet you expect us to know who Chris and Sara are…

Oh you know. Chris….Chris Chris, Chris who knows Sara, Chris. No, not that Chris, the other Chris.

ChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChris
    ChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChris

iDave
    Free Member

You you mean THAT Christine…… or do you mean Christoper?

zokes
    Free Member

Are you surprised ?

Not at all, just surprised that the OP seems to think all Americans are like that, and definitely all Californians.

Not at all surprised that it would be you questioning that comment though

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

not racist Zokes. “americans” are not a race. could be xenophobic

iDave
    Free Member

Christina? Christian? Christ on a bike? I’m confused.

clubber
    Free Member

From your beloved Wikipedia TJ

Racism is the belief that the genetic factors that constitute race, ethnicity, or nationality are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities

Jamie
    Free Member

Christ on a bike?

That would be serendipitous, given today’s religious significance.

DavidB
    Free Member

In with anger, out with love

KINGTUT
    Free Member

+1

Torn faced cow

lol

clubber
    Free Member

Torn faced?

Jamie
    Free Member

Torn faced?

I thought it might be turn faced.

Either way, I am a big fan of Bob’s attack is the best form of attack style.

KINGTUT
    Free Member
    j_me
    Free Member

Clearly you know different ‘merkins to me

😀

clubber
    Free Member

Hmmm

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I for one think it is a first class insult.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Not at all, just surprised that the OP seems to think all Americans are like that, and definitely all Californians.

So if you’re not surprised that emsz knows different Americans to you why bother mentioning it then ?

And by the way, the OP makes it abundantly clear that the opinion is based on a personal experience concerning two individuals, any idiot should have been able to work that out – even I managed to.

I think the point concerning Californians is valid though – where else the world would they elect a political leader who’s claim to fame is based on a grotesquely steroid sculptured body ?

iDave
    Free Member

I think the point concerning Californians is valid though

Was it? I know Californians who are nothing like the stereotype.

they elect a political leader who’s claim to fame is based on a grotesquely steroid sculptured body ?

whereas the brits elected someone whose claim to fame was…. err. Nevermind at least he had displayed outstanding ability in, oh what was it? Oh yeah, PR.

atlaz
    Free Member

What iDave said.

Jamie
    Free Member

What atlaz said.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Possibly me too…..if I could work out what he is saying.

Me : “I think the point concerning Californians is valid though – where else the world would they elect a political leader who’s claim to fame is based on a grotesquely steroid sculptured body ?”

iDave : “I know Californians who are nothing like the stereotype.”

They’re not Mr Universes or wouldn’t vote for a former Mr Universe ?

Can’t even begin to understand the second point he made …. any clues ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Americans’ is closed to new replies.