• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Amending a strava ride
  • DT78
    Free Member

Just completed a lovely ride round the iow with a big group from work.

Looks like mid way through the gps has messed up somehow for a second or 2 and has given me a KOM which I don’t deserve. Any way of sorting this without deleting the whole ride?

http://www.strava.com/segments/3672308?filter=overall

reggiegasket
    Free Member

you can adjust your GPS trace using the SNAP tool on raceshape.com

fieldy
    Free Member

You can edit the ride by cropping it, although I can’t remember if you can take out a middle section??
    Alternatively get the a copy of the GPX file from another member of the group, upload it and rename as yours

Jase
    Free Member

Contact Strava?

kcal

Can you flag your own segment portion?

scotroutes

Export the GPX file to a PC (or similar)
    Edit the GPX file in Notepad (or similar – the format is obvious when you look at it)
    Save the GPX file
    Import it back to Strava

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ll try to explain this as easy as I can.

Crop your ride and save it.
    Download the file to your hard drive.
    Delete the ride from Strava.
    Upload the file again from your GPS device
    Crop the other bit.
    Upload the first ride from your hard drive.

This will effectively remove the spoiled section and leave you with two rides. I tried the edit in notepad bit and only got gobbledygook when opened it.

scotroutes

Sorry YoKaiser, I’m obviously assuming the OP has more intelligence than you 😆

scaredypants

maybe you could use digitalepo as digitalmogadon ? 😆

YoKaiser
    Free Member

😈

welshfarmer

As Scotroutes says. Pretty easy in Notebook. You can even use notebook in combination with Google earth to realign segments that have gone astray under tree cover for example. It is a bit involved but it works OK.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Just use the SNAP tool. It’s easy and does exactly what you want…

garage-dweller

Don’t try and do it on a tablet though it’s a pain ime. I very definitely did not leave strava recording while driving from the ride finish point to the pub. 😳

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips, I’ve raised a ticket with strava to try to sort. If not I’ll try the snap thing. The strava police have already flagged it…. Sucks it takes out your whole ride of 7hrs because one 45second segment is dodgy , you should be able to flag just the segment

DT78
    Free Member

and strava support have sorted it already. superfast. I should really think about upgrading to premium

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Amending a strava ride’ is closed to new replies.