Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Amazon sending used goods dodgy baskets! Anyone else had this?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

So far I’ve had a used set of Solarstorms without U2 but was happy to get £5 off the £12 price, so £7.

Had my new Quadlock, came to filthy, fingerprints and scratched out poncho.

Ok they are sending out another one and I need to send the old back.

I guess there are a few who put up with it?

I’ll stick to bike shops!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Bought a case for my IPad mini 2 was sent with broken box and leather looked well used. Was sent back. The replacement was in a sealed a new box and was fine. Only my first bad experience from Amazon after 85 orders!

trail_rat
    Free Member

are you buying direct from amazon or one of their resellers-

i find amazon direct to be good….their resellers to be hit and miss.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Could be trail rat.

One was from Quad lock via Amazon and the other was a Nestle Solarstorm.

I’m thinking some customers are sending their uses stuff back but you’d think Quad lock would check.

Ok probably 2 out of 100’s of orders.

kcal

Amazon are usually almost always fine.

Their third party resellers are hit and miss as you say, and even the Amazon warehouse can be problematic – my mistake was to order a floor lamp from them, when it arrived it couldn’t have been more damaged if they’d run it over 5 times, minimal packaging and trashed inside. Sent back for full refund but lesson learnt 🙂

project
    Free Member

Argos freeview box, covered in fingerprints, didnt work dodgy leaking batteries, had return it.

Screwfix bought an expensive lock , opened box and it had been switched with an older rusty model, had to return it, got 10 quid compo for making a fuss

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Update: exchanged item was spotless and new.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Last two items I have brought from Screw Fix have been previous returns. Shower I took back (also didnt fit what I had) and a bathroom fan also opened and stuff loose in the box, couldn’t be bothered to return as it fit!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

If the item is as good as new then that’s ok.

If an item is damaged then Definately get an exchange.

grum
    Free Member

Nestle Solarstorm?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Yep, first set was great, second set was a lower spec return not liked by another customer.

So they didn’t have to pay postage fees, they sent me a new battery and lowered the price to a fiver and refunded me the other £10. Told me to email if I had more problems but the lights have been good now I’ve fitted s lens that widens the beam instead of a direct torch beam.

Will upgrade the Crees next summer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Amazon sending used goods dodgy baskets! Anyone else had this?’ is closed to new replies.