• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grum.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Amazon Logistics have damaged my garden gate
  • burgatedicky

…delivering a parcel that wasn’t even mine!

Returned home today to find the garden gate bashing itself to pieces in the wind. Latch utterly bent, have had to remove it to wedge the gate shut with a couple of bricks.
    The upright post must have moved as well as the top bolt no longer fits into place.
    I am not amused…

On the doormat I find a note from Amazon saying they’ve left the parcel in the log store.
    Puzzled, as we’re not expecting anything, I find someone else’s parcel stuffed in with the wood.
    Do amazon still use Yodel? Or have they simply taken the useless twits on under their own branded delivery service.

Fact is that it isn’t my parcel, and that whoever the delivery driver was has let themselves onto my property and caused all this bother.
    Who should I direct my rant at?

project
    Free Member

youve now got a free parcel

Bregante

Maybe it’s a new gate.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Whats in the parcel?

postierich
    Free Member

could have been worse could have come home to a bent latch on the gate which led to a flooded home
    😕
    Amazon deliver some of the own parcels now in the big cities usually by some one on a paid only if delivered senario!
    I ,ve come across plenty just dumped at doorways in full view of anyone walking by!

burgatedicky

I don’t know what is in the parcel, but it doesn’t rattle so unfortunately it cant be lego.
    The frustrating thing is that the blasted parcel is meant for one of the houses across the road, about 30ft away, which clearly has the correct door number attached to the wall! Either delivery-chap was in such a frantic rush that the first house in the road(us) would do, or they just cant see very well!

mrsfry
    Free Member

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

Go to orders placed.

Get amazon to contact you. take pics so you can send them the proof.
    PS is the parcel bike shaped?

totalshell

did i miss the bit where you said you had seen or someone else had seen or that cctv had captured images of this heinous crime taking place.. if not keep smiling and ..breathe

allthepies
    Free Member

Done land on it ?

LHS
    Free Member

I’m waiting for the day that the inevitable post – An amazon drone dropped my package through my roof.

mattyfez

Inspect package, if package value is greater than fixing gate, winning.

I imagine it will be hard to prove the damage was done by the courier.. What makes you so sure? It could have been kids being vandals etc.

It all hinges on the value of the parcel.. I doubt you’d get any luck with the courier as the damage could have been caused by the postman, or anyone really..

grum
    Free Member

Maybe it’s the thing Amazon were supposed to be delivering to us the other day. Delivery driver rang to say he was on our road and couldn’t find the house – asked for directions. He never showed up, but according to our account he left the package ‘in the mail box’. Where he actually left it god knows.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Amazon Logistics have damaged my garden gate’ is closed to new replies.