Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Amazon – app and web page full of foreign sport
  • euain

Anyone else tried to use the Amazon shopping app on iOS recently? I get almost 2 screens of adverts/links for English (I’m in Scotland) football (I have no desire to watch football).

It’s much the same on the web page.

Anyone else get this? And managed to turn it off?

scotroutes

Same on Android. Contact them and complain.

Drac

Oh the humanity!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Guessing this is them pushing Amazon Prime Video hard because they’re showing English fitba now. Adverts all over TV about it recently.

scotroutes

Meanwhile, this is Page 1 of STW this morning

scuttler

Huh? Amazon want you to buy shit from them and so they push it into your face and make it easy to consume. That now includes football whether you like it or not.

Soz.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/02/amazon-prime-premier-league-football-arrival-tv-hefty-price

euain

Amazon is so successful because they push stuff you want, or may want, in front of you. Seems very odd they seem to think I want a sport that I’ve never showed any interest in and isn’t even relevant to where I live. You’d think they’d at least have a “This doesn’t interest me..” button.

It’s not just promoted – you need to scroll down a couple of pages to see anything else.

Still, as Drac so helpfully implies, it’s not the end of the world (which is why I posted to the chat section of a MTB forum rather than used 999) – but it’d make my idle buying of crap for Christmas a bit easier and more pleasant if I could turn it off.

Drac

Just scroll past it that’s all I do with it just like I did when they advertised the tennis as I’ve no interest in either, it’s not exactly unpleasant.

Cougar

Without looking – and I don’t care sufficiently to go and check – I don’t know exactly how (or indeed if) Amazon words or manages this, but have you ticked all the boxes that say “do not track” / “do not show me targeted ads”?

scotroutes

have you ticked all the boxes that say “do not track” / “do not show me targeted ads”?

I suspect the problem here is rather the opposite.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Amazon – app and web page full of foreign sport’ is closed to new replies.