Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? (Neighbours/builders content)
  • natrix
    Free Member

Why don’t you just grow a pair and ask them not to do all the things that are making you cry of an evening?

[/url] image hosting[/img]

mudshark
    Free Member

Is this one of those first world problems?!

Don’t hassle the builders – just have a friendly chat with the neighbours, if they’re reasonable they’ll sort it out and tell the builders to stop causing a nuisance. My builders years ago upset my neighbours by cutting MDF in the street – I didn’t know as I was at work – apparently this is bad so I told them to stop doing it and they did.

boblo
    Free Member

Bet he’s on a day rate then if he’s taken all week…

We had the drive block paved a couple of years ago. We (coincidentally) went away whilst the work was being done. According to the neighbours, it was a right mess with brick dust everywhere (there was a lot of cutting). I did tut tut in sympathy upon my return 😀

lowey

The dust is totally out of order, I’d be fuming about it. Just total inconsideration.

All cut off saws (Sthil or otherwise) these days come with a valve for attaching a water supply. If you cant get a hose pipe on it then you can get pump up bottles so make dry cutting totally unnecessary. I’d either ask for the money for a valet of the car or get onto the HSE. They are currently doing the rounds of sites at the moment inspecting for silica dust and ensuring that operatives have FFP3 masks complete with face fitting certs.

Either way they sound like a right bunch of inconsiderate cocks.

rene59
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d either ask for the money for a valet of the car or get onto the HSE.

We you do the asking whilst you were dressed as a drama queen?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Wow the testosterone there just made me go dizzy

SWOONS

Stop it! You’ll make one blush xx

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Quite legal to park across an empty drive

Not necessarily. THC says “DO NOT” block a dropped kerb. It depends on your council as to whether they will enforce this.

Under the Traffic Management Act 2004, grant councils that are Special Enforcement Areas (SPA) the power to enforce contravention code 27: Parked adjacent to a dropped footway.

Also, it may well fall under “causing an unnecessary obstruction, which is explicitly illegal.”

The empty / occupied drive thing is an old wives’ tale though, it’s nonsense.
    Thank you Cougar. I was going to post similar.
    I’ve investgated this at length (due to asshat neighbour issues in the past).
    The kerb is there to allow access to a driveway, hard standing etc. If there is nothing to access then you can park across it. i.e. if there was a dropped kerb for a driveway that is no longer there.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? (Neighbours/builders content)’ is closed to new replies.