Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Am I mad thinking this?
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

So, I currently have a Genesis io SS which rides a treat and a Giant Trance X2 which is great fun too.
    However! I struggle to get out on the MTB these days, so the Trance doesn’t get much hammer.
    After Kielder (did it on the Trance) and Mayhem (solo on the single speed), I found I like endurance racing and I fully intend to do more this year.
    Having the 2 bikes doesn’t really make sense any more, so here are my thoughts: I love the simplicity of SS, but for multi day races I am thinking I may need gears.
    Something like a Salas El Mariachi (because it can be geared or SSed) or a Scandal 29er (might be too racey) would suit me better for how I am riding these days.
    Anyone else done anything similar? did you regret it?

tommid
    Free Member

Sell them both.
    Buy the Salsa and run it SS or with an Alfine 11. Boom!

rj
    Free Member

Yes, completely mad.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I sold my full bouncer 29er which leaves me with just one mountain bike. It’s a Scandal 29er fully rigid. This can be set up with single speed but is currently set up with 1 x 10. This bike does it all for me these days and I love it. The money I got from the sold 29er went towards a CX/road bike. Now my perfect two bikes.
    No, I never regretted selling the full bouncer, but if you can afford to keep it great! If your not using it like I wasn’t with my 29er f/s, then get shot and let someone else enjoy!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Cheers for the “useful” replies. I keep going round in circles with this!!

hambl90
    Free Member

Anthem x 29er

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve just bought an Anthem X 29’er with the intention of selling my 26″ full suss and my 29″ HT for all riding from local XC to marathons

boltonjon

Got a C456 which makes for a good compromise

Normal;y runt it with 140mm forks, but it can be rapidly changed into a singlespeed with rigid forks

Good play bike come relatively light rigid SS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Am I mad thinking this?’ is closed to new replies.