Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alien in my garden (no pic) – identity please
  • scaredypants

A bit like the “look, the wellington’s disappeared from the moon” pic, the absence of a pic actually PROVES this story 😐

Moved a small tree/bush in the garden and after I’d replanted it there was a massive grubby/larva-ey thing in the barrow. Maybe 2cm diameter and prob 8-10 long if it wansn’t curled up.

Pale creamy with a darkish yellow head.

I buried it again and just been out to show the kids and take a photo for you lot to identify. Guess what, it has escaped and is at large in southern England 😯

Some may suggest it’s been taken by a bird but we don’t havbe golden eagles round here, so not a goer

(err, some sort of moth larva ?? – was obviously soft/squishy rather than a solified pupa)

yunki
    Free Member

baby robin..?

scaredypants

fool ! – a baby robin could never have picked it up

😉

Rickos
    Free Member

Pic of my boy with a gert big caterpillar.

Redley with Elephant Hawk Moth caterpillar by Rick T., on Flickr

tazzymtb

stag beetle larvae?

scaredypants

Taz – maybe. if those squares are 1cm each, prob yeah.

… and

The New Forest is a stronghold for the nationally scarce Stag Beetle

project
    Free Member

a massive grubby/larva-ey thing Maybe 20 cm diameter and prob 8-10 feet long if it wansn’t curled up.Pale creamy with a darkish yellow head.

Its currently mating with the hose off your Dyson

Oh and it answers to the name of Fred.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

quite normal we find them in the compost bin all the time and no I cant remember the name I will ping my mate who know this stuff

shes quick
    Rose chafers our chooks love them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alien in my garden (no pic) – identity please’ is closed to new replies.