Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Alfine Users … Step Forward …. Show Us Your Bikes :-)
  • letmetalktomark

Just waiting on teh last few bits of my Alfine build and was keen to find out who else is using one.

8 or 11 Speed pics preferably of MTBs rather than commuter, hybrids etc.

😀

ton

i got one of these with a alfine on 8)

Mackem

Yes, It’s muddy and i’ve forgotten to cut a zip-tie.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its a cruel thing to do to a nice bike – but hopefully makes it less nickable

commuter by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

craigxxl
    Free Member

A merging of parts from a Charge Mixer that I bought but the frame was too small and the Pompetamine frame bundle from On One, total cost after selling the Charge F&F was £370 compared to £899 at On One.

ontor
    Free Member
    thepodge
    Free Member

No full pics of mine but this is one on the rear end of my Trance. Currently waiting for a deal to come up on a more suitable frame but till then it’ll do me fine

Balls, can someone edit my photo? I can’t get it to work from my phone

TimP
    Free Member

monkeyboyjc

commuter – alfine 8

mtb – alfine 11

although both have now been sold in the last couple of weeks…. and are no longer mine

ferrit32
    Free Member

Alfined 8 fatness, running a Jtek bar end shifter

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Charge Tap

willard

Ferrit, I’m really sorry, but that just looks so wrong. So unnatural.

ferrit32
    Free Member

Why thank you Willard, never seen a pug before?

epicyclo

letmetalktomark

Excellent.

Lots of inspiration here.

Loving the fatter bikes 8)

Ferrit – How do you find the barend shifter?

I have to say the underbar std shifter looks horrible and is quite heavy – was wondering if a bar end/pauls clamp hybrid thumbie would work.

LBS said that the Alfine hubs are temperamental with anything other than the trigger 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have put a nexus twistie on mine – it works fine but is a bit fat for comfort with my grips and does not sit at the best of angles with the brakes I have

Martin.B
    Free Member

Alfine 8 on my Singular Swift, (MTB not commuter)
    No pics will try to sort some soon
    Mart

ferrit32
    Free Member

The Jtek is a lovely piece of engineering, operates faultlessly.

Only think that concerns me is getting speared. It wasn’t as much of an issue with drop bars but the Jones bars are a little different. Although the bar ends are still quite low.

tomhoward

probably not what you were thinking, and its not mine anymore (but it does belong to a forum member).

Note alfine shifter…

Saccades
    Free Member

Commuter (mk1 pompino)

MTB – Inbred 456EBB prototype

Top of Scarr Mtn

nuke

Hmmm, I guess people build their Alfine-equipped bikes up for practical rather than aesthetic purposes. Mine isn’t much of a looker either…

druidh
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

DB Alpine

kilo

When refurbished, but now in commuter guise, so now with red steel On One forks, slick tyres,San Marco Rolls saddle and a carradice saddle bag

pedlad

Nuke – Is that a C456 you’ve got? Quite fancy the idea of one of those but I thought O O ony do them with whippet?
    If 456 what drop outs have you used to tension the chain?

Also I read the Alfine is best part of 2kg? Doesn’t all that weight in the rear wheel knacker the handling?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

pedlad – It doesn’t make a huge difference but you can feel it in the air – wheels on the ground I hardly notice it

ontor
    Free Member

even in the air – once you’ve jumped with it a few times it takes hardly any adjustment to correct the balance.

loum
    Free Member

Coil lyriks are over 2kg, all that weight at one end of the bike, but lovely handling and great for jumping.
    You just learn to balance the bike you’re riding, you get used to it pretty quick.
    One thing you do notice whilst jumping on an alfine bike is the silence. 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

3rd degrease and part dismantle with a good soak in petrol followed by fill of thinner ATF made a world of no-drag difference.

nuke

Is that a C456 you’ve got? Quite fancy the idea of one of those but I thought O O ony do them with whippet? If 456 what drop outs have you used to tension the chain?

Yep, it’s a 16″ C456. Got the SS swapouts although they still come with a rear mech tab. Only other thing was a chaintug but not the O-O chaintug as it won’t work with swapouts

adeward
    Free Member

This is my whyte jw4 I have modified it to use an alfine but it allows a qr rear wheel instead of having to unbolt it

mrchrispy

excuse the stock pic but I havent have chance to take a picture yet.
    it has blue tyres in case you didnt notice!! 😯

jackal
    Free Member

How strong are these 11 speed alfine’s then?
    Would one be ok on a hardtail (hardcore hardtail if you will 😆 ) that would be built up pretty burly and used for a bit of downhill/the odd drop+jump/uplift/playing in the woods etc etc?
    Just been googling for the last half hour but can’t find any real definitive answer…

Cheers 😀

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Alfine Users … Step Forward …. Show Us Your Bikes :-)’ is closed to new replies.