Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • ALDI bargains, what did you get?
  • damitamit
    Free Member

They had dayglo jackets in the Kingsbury store.

ski
    Free Member

SD-253 – Member

PS are the winter jackets waterproof and breathable????

Not waterproof, breathable frabric, OK for this time of year, but you might want another windproof/waterproof layer for deepest winter 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Just socks. I didn’t need any more kit and, for once, combined that lack of need with a lack of spending..!

It is useful and sturdy, but I’m sick of having piles of cheap s–t at home. I want good stuff, but less of it. Next stop Shutt, Castelli and Rapha.

D0NK

They had dayglo jackets in the Kingsbury store.

ooh the little liars!

swoosh
    Free Member

Dayglo in Loughborough too.

D0NK

I’ll revise that to inept little liars!

honourablegeorge

I was all set to buy what I thought was going to be a workstand.

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

I was riding with Mick Ives (Google him – scary amount of world championships!) for 3 days last week and he swears by their baselayers. In tha same breath he said he had ordered £8k worth of team kit.

The baselayers get my vote.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Winter jacket, gloves, microfibre towels, leg and arm warmers, all for £36. I can live with that 🙂

GW
    Free Member

Laurence Lewelen Bowen is a **** legend 😀

10pmix
    Free Member

They did this cycling bonanza thing last year and I picked up base layers, tights, leg warmers, arm warmers, winter gloves. I think the whole lot cost about £40. All of it is still going strong.

schnor
    Free Member

Winter jacket (like someone said, a slightly different design to my manky two year old one) / trousers, day-glo jacket, merino top, gloves. Last years base layers are still fine, so winter gear now sorted 🙂

schnor
    Free Member

oops, double post

Coleman
    Free Member

Went today. Got some cheapo arm and leg warmers to go with my Giordana club kit, but everything else looked naff! Good value granted, but naff.

dawson

got a winter top and some gloves – the top will be going back as the zip doesn’t stay zipped together as you pull the zipper up.

smell_it
    Free Member

Winter jacket for my daily commute, replacing my 2 year old aldi one, and a couple of compression tops. Had the socks and gloves before but found them pretty toss.

Duggan

The Didsbury, Manchester store was pretty quiet when I bobbed in after work today and still lots left.

Got the fluorescent rain jacket, winter top and some gloves. For sure it’s not as nice as the more upmarket gear but being as mine all ends up being muddy, wet, trampled and screwed up in bags for ages anyway I’m not arsed.

midlifecrashes

Some socks and gloves, and three lovely hanging baskets!

allthepies
    Free Member

Spent £65 – gloves x 2, armwarmers, overshoes, winter jersey, fluorescent yellow jacket, waterproof troons. That’s my winter commuting + offroad gear sorted 🙂

All in “Large” (except gloves – XL) all fit perfectly

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried on a jersey, arms too short and belly too big…

Got socks and overshoes. Arm and leg warmers looked poor ap did much of the other stuff, in comparison to Altura etc.

spooky_b329

I just bought the cycle stand.

Its nice and chunky, but the arms are quite short at 310mm to the middle of the cup. So if your bars are over 620mm or 24.5″, (that’ll be most of us then) you will have to rotate the bars to fit on the stand as they will hit the wall.

Also, the arms don’t seem particularly compatible with fancy tube profiles, my Explosif sits there fine (apart from the bar issue) but the full sussers will need a bit of experimentation. Just noticed the fatter framed full sussers fit further out in the cup which means then 660mm bars are almost straight.

Will report back…I need the bikes off the floor as the arrival of two house rabbits has meant the tyres are being nibbled, if I turn the bikes over whilst trying not to tread on them, the saddle and grips get eaten 🙂 I may stick a block of 2×2 pine up the wall to space the rack away from the wall, this’ll mean the bars fit fine without scuffing up the wall, and the frame can also clear the radiator.

I can see it offering plenty of options for hanging the washing on too…

Flashy
    Free Member

long sleeve winter tops only 1 small left and the only marino top was a small womans, (just call me Dorethy) I was beaten to the bike stuff by locusts……..

spooky_b329

Now its spaced away from the wall a bit, the bikes fit fine. I’ve deliberately put the bikes as high as possinble, they don’t overlap if you put the bottom bike lower down.

At the first joint the stand starts leaning slightly to the left, at the second joint it leans forwards quite badly. Definitely need to use the supplied screw to fix it to the wall.

I’m seriously considering dumping the foot, and screwing the next two sections (via a batten for handlebar clearance, but half the depth of the one in the photo) directly to the wall. As long as I use decent screws for strength it should be ok, the foot will just get in the way of the vacuum cleaner…

IMG_0077 by Ollie and Sally, on Flickr

IMG_0079 by Ollie and Sally, on Flickr

fasthaggis

Don’t like the stand ,but Sampson is lovely 😀

I got winter gloves ,socks,
    a rain jacket and reflective bands with wee flashy LEDs.

Nick

Bright yellow jacket here, for 20 quid an absolute bargain. Plus some leg warmers.

Edric64
    Free Member

I bought a long sleeve jersey a winter jacket a merino jumper,leg warmers ,micro fibre towel for camping and a cheap set of pub bike lights less than 60 quid the lot

MoreCashThanDash

* makes mental note to wear all my Aldi kit when next out with Coleman…..*

schmiken

We have house rabbits too! Love them to bits, even if they do continually eat out telephone cables!

spooky_b329

Ah thats OK…I’m a BT engineer. Unfortunately they are not scared of the vacuum cleaner, and like to bite the flex.

mav12
    Free Member

winter gloves and bottle for me xl jacket was to small merino tops were 70% acrylic is this the norm water bottle cos it has mounts for bossless frame

MussEd
    Free Member

Got some cashews, yoghurt, orange juice, pantyliners for the OH, cheese and some cherry tomatoes. Great deal!

edhornby

I’ve had lots of stuff from aldi over the years, some is brilliant and some rubbish

great
    bibtights, summer shorts, socks, winter jackets, winter gloves

rubbish
    3/4 shorts, any waterproofs, ss and ls jerseys, summer mitts

if you are a daily commuter you get through kit so spending 80odd quid on bibshorts is daft when you ride 10 miles in one go, the 15quid aldi ones are clearly fine

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Never really got why people get so excited about Aldi sales.. surely their prices are pretty much what Sports Direct stock all year round?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/cycling/cycling-clothing?mppp=true&OrderBy=PRICE_ASC

druidh
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Tried on a jersey, arms too short and belly too big…

I thought you had long arms Al?

jojoA1
    Free Member

A couple more pairs of the gloves for me. I love to have a fresh set every few laps at the Puffer. Thye’re all you need for that price, very waterproof, decent insulation and not too thick on the palm.

Got some flashing reflective leg/arm bands for winter commuting too.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘ALDI bargains, what did you get?’ is closed to new replies.