Home Forums Chat Forum Airport check-in – anyone been stung by the '158cm linear dimension' limit?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Airport check-in – anyone been stung by the '158cm linear dimension' limit?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Travelling to the US on Monday, my only checked piece of luggage will be a box that measures 93cm x 20cm x 62cm, so 175cm ‘linear dimension’… it’s well under the max weight of 20kg…

Trying to ascertain how likely it is that I’ll get whacked with a CAD$100 ‘excess baggage’ fee (in both directions!)? :(

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends what and who it is.

Decent airlines have a list of allowed special items either for a charge or free, like golf clubs, bikes, cellos, windsurfers etc etc. Some accept these but charge a flat fee not the normal oversize fee (like AA).

psychle
    Free Member

Flying Air Canada internationally, JetBlue within the US. Box contains a bike frame (returning for a warranty replacement). Looking on Air Canada’s website, looks like for a bike they only charge CAD$50 instead of CAD$100, so that’s good! And JetBlue charge USD$50 (doing two flights with them)- so looks like worst case I’ll be up for CAD$100 and USD$100, around £125 in total… still cheaper than posting the blingin thing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Airport check-in – anyone been stung by the '158cm linear dimension' limit?’ is closed to new replies.