Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • AirFrance plane crash – why no mention of terrorism?
  • geoffj

Surely it could have been a bomb? No mention / speculation of it.
    Am I missing something?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

The fact that the only evidence the have (automated “the leccy has gone message” + big storm) doesn’t point to it?
    Quite refreshing that everyone hasn’t gone “aaaaarrrggghhhh! Terrorists!” for a change.

Kuco

May be it was Zeus and they are to afraid to attack him?

Mikkel
    Free Member

They did say early on that it wasnt a terrorist attack.
    Which as Tracker say is quite nice, usualy whenever somthing happens, be it a bin beeing blown down the street by the wind or a tanker truck catching fire, is to say “we cannot rule out a terrorist attack”.

IanMunro
    Free Member

It could have been abducted by aliens too :)
    I suspect a combintation of –
    Such speculation is pointless.
    No terrorist organisation has claimed responsibilty.
    The maintainance messages sent by the onboard computers were not indicative of a bomb.

Of course all the points i’ve just made are also speculation :)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

because terrorism is old hat, we are pulling out of warzones in the east and letting Iran take the heat. no need to push terrorism in the press as we are no longer justifying illegal occupation of a contry in it’s name. it’s all about corrupt politics for the summer ’09 media bandwagon scene.

Mikkel
    Free Member

i think it could be global warming causing the bermuda triangle to shift its location.

RepacK
    Free Member

MrWright terrorism is far from old hat..We are hardly pulling out of warzones in the East – 22 SAS have just deployed to Afghanistan en masse joining elements of the SBS already there. Total numbers deployed are something in the region of 8000 troops. Terrorism hasnt gone away – we ahve just got better at combating it.

As for the AF flight – it sounds like a catastrophic system wide failure combined with extreme air turbulence. A very unfortunate accident..

nickc

mrmichaelwright, you old cynic you…. :wink:

joining elements of the SBS already there

Bless, they must be lost, Afghanistan is land locked.

twohats
    Free Member

I’d blame Somalian air pirates.

Dougal
    Free Member

It’s Oceanic Airlines 815 all over again.

Joxster
    Free Member

Mikkel – Member

i think it could be global warming causing the bermuda triangle to shift its location.

Where to? Westminster? That would explain all the missing Public Funds :wink:

Daffy

No-one knows exactly what was in the message. It could have said something as simple as “power has been lost to…bulb in bog”, etc, etc.

If all power had been lost to the point at which they could not communicate, the auto message service would also have been disabled

It must have been something pretty serious/sudden to disable ALL electrical power on an aircraft preventing even comms to the ground.

Engines, APU and RAT all produce power for control and communications. Even junction and delivery terminals are at least double redundant…

bikerbruce
    Free Member

guys lets be slightly more sensitive here.People are lost ,to be honest no-one know where they are,there may even have been life lost.
    So aside from the fact it mildly amusing to plot or synthesise idea tone it down abit,unless it was hit by a strike o’lightning (then you can sing oasis all day long.)
    bruce

Drac

Won’t somebody please think of the passengers.

FFS! Get that broom out of your arse bruce.

andywhit
    Free Member

Pretty sh*te engineering message if it doesn’t identify the component at fault.

Flaperon

Bear in mind that VHF radios only have a limited range; given the strong thunderstorms around this is likely to be reduced even further. Besides, if all hell broke loose a May Day call is likely to be quite low on the list of priorities.

It is easier and considerably less annoying to others to avoid speculating on what happened until some indication is given.

Oggles
    Free Member

It never would have happened if they had kept the conveyor belt running.

aracer
    Free Member

there may even have been life lost.

You think so? Not sure I agree – I reckon they’ll all be found safe and well living on a desert island.

aracer
    Free Member

Bear in mind that VHF radios only have a limited range

Fortunately they have means of communication other than VHF radio.

crazy-legs

I’ll point the AAIB in the direction of this thread, it’ll save them scouring half the South Atlantic for the wreckage cos all the answers are obviously right here on this thread courtesy of all the armchair experts…

geoffj

Whatever has happened, there has been a terrible loss of life.
    It just seems odd that there has not even been a hint of a suspicion that it could have been an attack of some sort.
    Most of the reports I’ve seen have majored on the fact that modern planes are designed to cope with lightning strikes, and severe thunder storms and not what may have caused this plane to go down.
    Whatever it was, let’s hope it was quick and they new little about it.

Flaperon

Fortunately they have means of communication other than VHF radio.

None of them are reliable near heavy thunderstorms.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ll point the AAIB in the direction of this thread, it’ll save them scouring half the South Atlantic for the wreckage cos all the answers are obviously right here on this thread courtesy of all the armchair experts…

Since when have we only been allowed to post on here if we’re experts on a subject and fully informed? You might have to sort the wheat from the chaff, but at least some people do have useful points to make.

Or is this the standard one that we shouldn’t post at all about this because a relation of somebody on the plane might happen to stray onto this forum and get upset?

coffeeking
    Free Member

If it were a terrorist group we’d know by now, they’d have publicised it.
    I suspect the data from the emergency broadcasts is what suggests otherwise.Assuming the cabin depressurised pretty rapidly I suspect most passengers were unconcious within a few seconds.

duntmatter
    Free Member

If it had have been a flight to or from US / UK the terrorism hype would have been rife. Justifiably so or not? Dunno, just feel that’s the way it would have gone.

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

for the OP, terrorism, IRA???? Surely?????

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The big difference is that George Bush is no longer spouting his pro terrorism rhetoric. The world is now a safer place without good old George.

hora
    Free Member

Afghanistan, why are we there again?

mogrim

Besides, if all hell broke loose a May Day call is likely to be quite low on the list of priorities.

I’d say it’d be quite high on the list of priorities, tbh.

samuri
    Free Member

I agree with michaelWright, the only time terrorists are blamed is when either some capital budget needs approving or the public are shouting a bit too loudly about trooops being where they shouldn’t be.

It was almost a joke at one point the way the americans would report they had gone to high alert because oil tankers/bridges/airports were considered high risk due to some leaked information and it always coincided with a demand to the senate for more troops/guns/bombs. You’d invariably find the stories on the same page a lot of the time. Of course, the actual threat never happened. Any questions could be answered with ‘well that’s because we put more troops into oil rich countries’.

Presumably Bush told Blair his masterplan and I remember Blair tried it once. Announce that something was about to happen, ask for more troops. It backfired IIRC.

I tell you what, the amount of information being leaked out of these terrorists cells was immense, we were always hearing about information related to an escalated level of threat. These new fanatical muslim terrorists could learn a thing or two from the IRA, when they planted a bomb, no-one knew about it until the IRA told someone, or it went off.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

These new fanatical muslim terrorists could learn a thing or two from the IRA, when they planted a bomb, no-one knew about it until the IRA told someone, or it went off.

thats the thing tho – we didnt know anything about the tube bombings, glasgow airport, Madrid etc. till they went and did it.

samuri
    Free Member

Exactly! They don’t leak information, they don’t talk to people about it down the Mosque or in the newsagents. If it’s going to happen they’ll just do it and we’ll find out when the bomb goes off. Proof that the government just make this shit up to approve capital budget.

juan
    Free Member

last insight (from the 9h00 news on the radio)
    Lighting but unlikely), and partail freezing of the plane. Apparently, the speedometer could have frozen and hence, send some wrong signal to the on-board computer, that plus eventually some increase of the mass of the plane.
    They are sending two submarine from ifremer to try to recover the black box.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I appreciate that it doesn’t often happen to quality first-world airliners, but planes crash quite a lot without any evil-doing being involved. :|

soobalias
    Free Member

*cant resist any longer*

capital budget? tard!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘AirFrance plane crash – why no mention of terrorism?’ is closed to new replies.