• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by jeffl.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Airdrop Slacker
  • sharkattack

Has anyone ordered one yet? Does anyone else feel a little tinkle in the peepee when they look at the pictures?

This thing absolutely speaks to my teenage self. I’d love to be roasting it down a mountain somewhere with my chrome lens goggles on. It’s the perfect bike for the type of riding my imaginary self gets to do every weekend.

The Ohlins version is the pick of the bunch for me.

In reality, I can’t have one. I’ll never get back to Whistler and the ‘annual’ Alps trip hasn’t happened for 3 years. I certainly don’t want to go back to driving all over the UK spending a fortune to sit in sweaty uplift buses and sliding down greasy mudbaths. I’ve already quit DH once because of how grim it is for 90% of the time.

It’s my favourite new bike in years but I’ll be admiring them from afar sadly. Congratulations to everyone who buys one and has somewhere to ride it properly.

VanHalen

I’d buy it just for the downtube graphic. then hang it on the wall and gaze lovingly at it.

most bikes i dont give a monkeys about but that is a thing of beauty. too good to actually ride.

cokie

Looks cool! Hope it comes in raw.

Here’s a link- https://www.airdropbikes.com/collections/airdrop-slacker-bikes

daveylad
    Free Member

Frickin sweet. Although I would mullet it. Dont want a little front wheel these days.
    But no, won’t be buying one. My nicolai g19 does what I want for the rare DH day and I’m even thinking of selling that now cwmcarn is closed.

sharkattack

My nicolai g19 does what I want for the rare DH day and I’m even thinking of selling that now cwmcarn is closed.

The loss of Cwmcarn and Revolution did play into my daydreaming about ‘one last DH bike’. Revs was probably the best UK venue to ride a bike like this.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

I plan to throw a 190mm Zeb on one with the advent X short cage mech etc. Just so happens my twice a week commute goes via Glencoe. Also plenty of stuff to session around Scotland. Push up not that bad. Regulary stop by the roadside and pushup to ride stuff.

smatkins1
    Free Member

If I bought one of these I would have to change the sticker to ‘Steeper’. It would be sat in my garage alongside the bike which replaced my Airdrop Edit… and ironically this bike is not slacker :sticking out tongue emoji:

jeffl

The boy is off to Airdrop next Monday to test-ride an edit or filter (forget which one) at Wharns/Greno. He now has his eyes on this, which is complete overkill for the sort of riding he does, so I’m expecting him to bring one home 🤣

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.