• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by sv.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Air Compressor
  • davidxbrown
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a cheap mains compressor to sort out tubeless tires? Don’t want to go ghetto as I’m sure there will be other uses in the garage.

andyl
    Free Member

lidl have the small 24L ones coming up again. Fine for tyres but a bit small for other jobs – spraying, impact gun etc.

For the price though they are very good and you can always join 2 together and add a central tank and end up with a decent system for very cheap.

deadkenny
    Free Member

ditto

Alternative is CO2 thingies but I don’t feel like wasting one to try it and still feel they’re expensive things just to inflate tyres. But my efforts at inflating tubeless so far have been utter failure so have to resort to them or a ghetto but I don’t even have a coke bottle to convert.

Northwind

The Lidl one looks perfectly suitable- it’s very similiar to my old one, might even be the same under all that plastic. I killed it respraying my motorbike but it did amazingly well up til that point. It’ll struggle to run a rattle gun etc but then, they’re not all that useful for DIY anyway (bloomin hoses everwhere, I never use mine)

Mind you, it’s not all that cheap, my 50l hurricane cost me less than that.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hmm, maybe getting a stash of CO2 is just easier then. Maybe I’ll waste a few first time round, but still going to be far cheaper than £90!

jonba
    Free Member

our club by co2 from here

http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/eu/?gclid=COrp4L2NvLICFYcKfAodXEQAmg

in bulk orders of 200+ and it works out at 50p. You’d get through a lot of CO2 cartridges befor you hit £90 even buying them 10 at a time.

Also bear in mind that plenty of tyres go on with a track pump, so I always have a go at that first.

How many times do you thnik you’ll change tyres. Think I’ve used 6 cartridges this year running two bikes tubeless – cheaper than the tubes and patches I would have used…

sv

Sort out one of those ghetto tubless bottles for next to nothing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Air Compressor’ is closed to new replies.