Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ahhh CRC moan (sorry) and the new Dakine bladders
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I have just ordered a new bladder for my Dakine Nomad and what CRC have sent me is totally different to what is pictured on the website. The one pictured is the same as the one I have at the moment, whereas the one they sent me has a slide closer (basically the same as the Hydrapak one). This really annoys me, why can’t they keep their photos up to date?

So before I complain to CRC: Does anyone have any experience of the new Dakine bladders, with the slidey top? How does it compare to the screw top one that came with it before?

Before you ask, I have looked on the Dakine website and the one they are showing is the slidey top one that they have sent me. I just wish I knew what I was ordering from CRC.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Dakine make good products- I’m sure they changed the design for a reason

hugh_b
    Free Member

My hydrapak bladder with a sliding top has been spot on, not sure if the dakine one is the same but you can turn mine inside out for cleaning too. Extremely strong too as it is made from the same material as white water rafts so can stretch up to 9-10 times its size!

Hugh

mikey74
    Free Member

I agree, they do make good products, but before I open the package, which will mean I can’t send it back, it would be useful to see if anyone has used them, and what their experience was.

Hugh: Just saw your post after my comments above: It does say on the packet “manufactured for Dakine by Hydrapak” so it sounds the same. Is the slidey top easy to fill and close?

beinbhan

Been using one for about a year far better than the screw closure no problems with it very easy to fill and close dead easy to clean as well

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers folks. Perhaps I will give it a try.

I am still a little annoyed though that it is not what I ordered from CRC, but I’ll get over it, lol.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’d say you’re better off with the eurohike or storm shield bladders, they open at the end and everything*

*everything may well be something of an exaggeration.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

my 08 nomad has a screw on cap like a north face one

mikey74
    Free Member

So did mine. But they have obviously changed them for ’09. I have just taken it out of the packet and it seems ok, except for the fact that the mouth piece no longer twists so it won’t go through the hose guide down the shoulder strap.

hugh_b
    Free Member

Yes buddy, very easy to fill and close, the same bladder as mine by the sounds of it. I’ve had camelbak but prefer hydrapak just for the bladder and connections etc.

Hugh

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers Hugh, think I’ll give it a go then.

Wish CRC would sort their stuff out though.

shaggy

The old Da Kine bladdes were made by Nalgene. If you still want one there are loads available- just google.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks but that’s what I thought I was ordering. Now I have this one I’ll give it a go, just annoyed by CRC.

djglover
    Free Member

very good bladder, for not a lot of money.

oldfart

Mike is this the same one that went phut in Whistler last year?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i would have thought that you’d be able to get a refund if what is sent is different to what is pictured if you had to open it to realise.

mikey74
    Free Member

Mike is this the same one that went phut in Whistler last year?

Yes mate, it has never really been right, but it has got worse and needed replacing.

I will try the one they sent me and see what it’s like.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ahhh CRC moan (sorry) and the new Dakine bladders’ is closed to new replies.