Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ah! Best avoid Sweden, then…
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Scandinavian swimmers have been warned to keep their swimming trunks on after a breed of fish known for biting off people’s testicles was discovered in local waters.

You’ll be OK if you keep your trunks on. Out of sight, out of mind evidently.

bikebouy
    Free Member

* gulps *

😯

martinhutch

* gulps *

Did they taste nice?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ey 😉

I can hold my breath for quite some time dontchaknow… 😆

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

You’ll be OK if you keep your trunks on

Maybe if your trunks are made of Kevlar

jon1973
    Free Member

LoCo
    Free Member

AGGGGGGGHHHH 😯

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

There’s also the swim-up-ya-woo-woo fish and the replace-your-tongue parasite…

And these

I still surf.

JohnnyPanic

B*ll*cks to that.

edited ’cause the swear filter didn’t.

BenjiM

Have you read the source?

“They bite because they’re hungry, and testicles sit nicely in their mouth,” he explained.

“And its mouth is not so big, so of course it normally eats nuts, fruit, and small fish, but human testicles are just a natural target. It’s not normal to get your testicles bitten off, of course, but it can happen, especially now in Sweden.”

While Carl said the museum’s warning about the pacu, sometimes known as the “ball cutter”, was meant “as a bit of fun”, human victims of the pacu are rarely laughing.

logical
    Free Member

Pacu’s are meant to eat nuts and fruit 😉

racefaceec90

those shark pics are genius 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This a typical tabloid nonsense story. Despite the story being about pacus they show photos not of pacu’s teeth, which presumably is what people might be actually interested in, but a photo of piranha’s teeth – because it’s a close relative. Well the neon tetra is also a relative yet no photos of pretty neon tetras, I wonder why ?

There hasn’t ever been a single reported testicle eating incident in the pacu’s Amazon Basin home, and the entire “ball cutter” nickname appears to originate from the claims of one fisherman in Papua New Guinea, who apparently managed to make a positive identification despite just having his balls ripped off.

I don’t know what temperature and salinity the water in Sweden’s Oresund Sound has but I would be amazed if a fish which has evolved to live in the Amazon Basin survived for more than a few hours there.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

tonto
    Free Member

Please don’t use logic and facts in a thread like this.
    You are spoiling it for others 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sorry 🙁

martinhutch

Getting the thread back in the right direction (apols for DM content)…water-related activities are definitely dangerous to your knackers…

Not for the squeamish…

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Despite the story being about pacus they show photos not of pacu’s teeth, which presumably is what people might be actually interested in, but a photo of piranha’s teeth – because it’s a close relative.

Maybe the fish had work done? Almost certainly those sharks have veneers …

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

ernie, that photo says “A close-up of the teeth of a pacu”..?

I mean, you’re right it’s not going to survive fresh/salt water change, but still that photo is a Pacu!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie, that photo says “A close-up of the teeth of a pacu”..?

I’m talking about the photo in the OP’s linked article, which despite the article being specifically about pacus, they show a photo of piranha’s teeth. I wasn’t referring the photo posted on the thread.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Aah, sorry. Why did you assume I had read TFA? 🙄

maxtorque

They eat nuts and fruit? Eh, have these fish got SCWBA kit now (Self Contained Water Breathing Apparatus!)

CountZero

What cricket box for aquatic sports?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ah! Best avoid Sweden, then…’ is closed to new replies.