• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mdb.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Afan or Brechfa, Which ones best, only one way to find out….FIGHT!!
  • Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Chaps, I've got a pass from Fun Control for a day in Wales riding with my buddy's, the problem is I've Ridden Afan a couple of time and LOVED it, Whites Level the Wall and all that jazz. Im thinking its 3 hours from my house to Afan (not that its a problem) but I've never ridden Brechfa before (I'm thinking Raven's trail) now do I head there for something new Or stick to Afan that always deliver's the goods……. 🙄

PJ266
    Free Member

Never ridden the raven but the Gorlechs good. Afan wins the fight though.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

I bet its covered in snow next weekend, just my luck!!!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

brechfa red – too much fireroad but all the descents on it and especially the final descent are superb fun.
    black – lots of technical natural stuff and enough fireroad again.

if you want the whoops and flat out descents go for red. if you like the slow techy natural stuff go black.

either way afan i think has it. whites level is brilliant. penhydd has nice sections too. and of course the wall final descent.

tried W2?

hambl90
    Free Member

if you go to brechfa my favourite is the gorlech red route,if you go to glyncorrwg try w2 for a change.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Yeah Done both Parts but not together…. Anyone got any good action photos to help be do the right thing..??

Not really into Jumps and all that kind of thing..

Dan67
    Free Member
    snaps
    Free Member

I've ridden every trail at both & found that the Brechfa routes tend to hold water more and this reduces the fun factor where as the routes at Afan tend to be less impacted by the wet.
    If you go to Brechfa, park at Abergorlech & do the red/black combined.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"If you go to Brechfa, park at Abergorlech & do the red/black combined. "

Pretty knackering!

mdb
    Free Member

Afan would be my choice. More variety and more fun for your miles.

Brechfa is good but loads of fireroad and lots of climbing and I never really felt the descents paid off for all that climbing.

Go to Afan and do W2 trail which combines The Wall and Whites.

Here's video we took at Brechfa on The Raven Trail:
    http://www.vimeo.com/6783866

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Afan or Brechfa, Which ones best, only one way to find out….FIGHT!!’ is closed to new replies.