Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • aero wheel spoke tools
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a planet x 82 of a friends at mines for repair just now.

other than PX(at 19.99 EACH and i need 2 – a hex and a square) does anyone know anyone that does wrenches that fit . the park tri spoke wrench i have (with big hex little hex and square on it) isnt long enough….. although its one step away from me modifying it with a grinder and the welder….

GavinB

I think I’ve got a long-reach hex key – it came with a set of new wheels for MrsB. Can’t help with the square one though.

hatter

Park Tool SW-16 for square interfaces and SW-18 for the 5.5 mm Hex fittings – £10.99 each.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers hatter

it was the sw16 sw17 i needed – the 5mm hex

ordered now at crc 8.99 and 9.99 😀

Should get him rolling again with working brakes !

hatter

According to PX’s site their wheels use a 5.5 mm hex, so you’ll need SW-18.

Have no experience of their wheels couldn’t verify this so if you have 5 mil versions the SW-17 will sort you out.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah i saw that too – too much conflicting info on their site.

i saw the 82 set had squares – my wheels.

the 82/101 had 5mm – my mates wheel set

the clinchers had 5.5mm

if i have the wrong un ill just send em back and exchange.

Cheers though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

no way are planet X tubulars a 5.5mm hex – the 5.5 mm hex doesnt fit through the hole 😀

the issue i have i find is that 2 of the spoke nipples have been replaced with standard nipples – and the threads have stripped as they are the wrong thread for the spoke – confirmed by 2 nipples falling out when the tubular was removed – and 2 spokes being minus their nipples….

need to order some new nipples/washers and probably strip and rebuild the wheel to sort it out for good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘aero wheel spoke tools’ is closed to new replies.