Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Advice – posting to Poland?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

A chap in Poland want to purchase an item I’m selling. If he pays with PayPal and covers all postage costs, is there any risk etc?

tony07
    Free Member

ive sold to poland before, i had no problems. maybe request he pays by gift then he wont be able to scam you as easy?

bruneep

I sold a frame to a guy in Poland with no problems.

I sent him loads, I mean loads of pics of every part of the frame every scratch dent, the good bits and the bad. I got him to agree in writing that he knew exactly what he was getting and was happy with the condition of it.

Sent it tracked via DHL can’t remember exact cost £30-40 maybe. Took about a week to get to him. He emailed me day after he recieved it saying he was delighted with it.

Someone on here is from Poland and gave me advice that the address I was sending to was ” an upmarket area”

I Googled the buyers name, he had a FB page and I could see he seemed to deal in s/hand bikes and frames.

Not all transactions are a scam, go with your instinct how well the guy communicates with you. Don’t be scared of walking away tho.

B

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.

RichPenny
    Free Member

We’ve sent a fair bit of stuff to Poland recently, including a watchmakers lathe . We use the independent courier who operates via the local Polish shop. Cheap and reliable 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

RM insurance does not cover mobiles etc abroad.

globalti
    Free Member

Ah, yes…. go and ask about couriers at the local Polski Sklep….. great idea! And pick up a few bottles of beer while you’re there.

spooky_b329

The local Polish shop courier probably won’t be fully tracked. Which you need to be covered by paypal.

Lifer
    Free Member

Sold a £500 bass amp to a guy in Poland on ebay, was a bit unsure but he arranged a courier who turned up with the cash. Was one of the better ebay selling experiences!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Advice – posting to Poland?’ is closed to new replies.