Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Advice on how to keep my feet on the pedals…
  • sv

…over jumps. Ride flats/5:10s, did a few large ish jumps tonight but the bike dropped quite quickly from underneath me and my feet felt a bit lost! How can you keep the pressure on them?
    SPDs to cover up my lack of skill? 😉

jedi

put axel behind the ball of bigtoe

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Duct tape

sv

Thanks Jedi – should I be tipping my feet forwards like in a bunny hop motion? All felt a bit lose tonight and it was dark too.

jedi

you dont tip your feet in either technique! that happens naturally.
    heels down on approach and as you push then the feet tip down and back without kicking the bike away

bikerbruce
    Free Member

get some clips lycra and you’ll be faster…done….not the lycra that helps just makes you feel faster

sv

TSY – I have ran out of duct tape after the last kidnapping – you any left?

sv

Cheers will give it a try next time…

jedi

let me know how it goes

uwe-r
    Free Member

I was told to pull the bars up and forward with your toes just dipped slightly so the bike is held with the slight pressure between your hands and feet.

I’m not great though.

sv

let me know how it goes

Will do.

jedi

you dont pull up!! 🙂

sv

Slight push on the bars seems to work for me but think I am hanging of the back a bit too much also. If only I lived nearby Jedi!

sv

So its Monday night and thinking duct tape is the answer! Still having problems with feet/pedal not staying together. Tried dipping my heals but the bike felt as if it wanted to go on ahead without 😉 Dont mind hanging of the back but feel the place to be is in a central position. Going to check out some skills videos now 😥

meehaja
    Free Member

I always learn things in a backward way, and anything I can d well I do by accident. Anyway, when i rode a lot of bmx I used to have this problem, i’d hit a big jump and the bike would just fall away, leading to desperate landings or horrific crashes. I over came this problem by pulling table tops on every jump. even now, I give the bike a little kick out on every bunnyhop. probably makes no difference in reality, but seems to make things better.

aracer
    Free Member

toe clips

HTH

sv

Some skill might help…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I just bulk bought duct tape for the start of abducting season. I can send you a roll if you want… just give me your address and the name of someone who considers you important in their life.

Ta.

anto164
    Free Member

Heels up, and push forwards with the bars slightly.

Or, whip it slightly over every jump. That’s what i also do to make sure my feet stay where they are (If i’m not running clips that is. Clips have made me lazy over jumps)

sv

I just bulk bought duct tape for the start of abducting season

Yes read you where heading ‘away’ for a time.

Oh still thinking on that second part of your request, important is a very strong word – maybe just leave it out “considers you in their life” 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

Shorter crank arms or longer legs will cure that easy. 😉

If you’re jumping higher than the bike, I’d suspect your pump is slightly out of time for the speed of the jump. Try slowing down and hit it a few times to see if it’s still happening. You could also try rolling your wrists forward while airborne (just slightly to start with if you don’t normally do it) as this will pull the back end up, raising the pedals too. But it’s hard to tell without seeing you in action, maybe your seats too high.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Advice on how to keep my feet on the pedals…’ is closed to new replies.