Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Advice on Flat Pedals
  • simmy
    Free Member

Got some Vaults on my main MTB which are awesome, but Ive built up my old MTB into a shopping / road rat.

I’m after some cheap flat pedals, simular to the vaults if possible ( but not V8’s ) for the road rat.

Any suggestions please ?

All I’ve done to this bike is change it to 9 speed rear, new V brakes on it and some slicks but its miles quicker on road now.

hilldodger
    Free Member

for cheap flats I usually just see what Wellgo pedals Chain Reaction have on offer, any of the “B” series would be fine for hack bike IMO……

abductee
    Free Member

Gusset slim Jim
    Brave Airbase
    Outland Kustom
    All look like the same pedal
    Foot hugging 2 way concave.
    Semi knurled slim-line body.
    Replaceable Screw-pins.
    Tough Cr-Mo axle.
    Weight – 540g
    Size – 9/16”
    Powder coat finishes
    140g more than your current ones but not the heaviest. You would need to decide plain bearing or pay extra for sealed bearing/DU bush.

simmy
    Free Member

Cheers Guys

Think I may go for the Outland Kustom as they are only about £16 all in

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

I’m currently running some Welgo titanium ones which are excellent and bloody light for the money. I’ll try to find a link.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member
    igrf
    Free Member

Don’t forget to get a set of skate shoes to go with them, the number of fellas I see wearing ordinary trainers, the idea of flats is the grip they give with flat soled shoes.

simmy
    Free Member

Don’t forget to get a set of skate shoes to go with them, the number of fellas I see wearing ordinary trainers, the idea of flats is the grip they give with flat soled shoes.

Yeah i’ve got some 5 Ten’s already after i wrecked loads of trainers

darrenharrow
    Free Member

Wellgo Flat Pedals

Recently got these after churning up shoes. I wear hiking shoes and wanted a big platform but with good grip.

Have gone out on a couple of really wet and muddy rides and they give plenty of grip but don’t wreck my shoes. £12.95 all in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Advice on Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM