Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Adele..
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Fantastic singing voice but I wish she wouldn’t speak!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Ditto!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I wish she wouldn’t appear before my eyes either.

downshep

Nice that she hasn’t changed. Glorious voice and down to earth with it.

takisawa2

Excellent.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

You cant deny that singing voice, outstanding.
    Comes across as genuine which is rare these days IMHO.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wish she wouldn’t speak!

Why not? What’s wrong with her speaking voice? Or what she says?

Refreshing to hear someone so open, honest and unpretentious.

And I’m not into this sort of music normally, but bloody hell she’s not playing games, eh?

Proper talent.

joolsburger
    Free Member

That was excellent and wish I’d been there. Girl can belt them out for sure.

As for her speaking voice, what?

spacemonkey

Aye, proper talented she is. Grounded and down to earth? Probably – difficult to comment without actually being mates with her.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Why not? What’s wrong with her speaking voice? Or what she says?

Nowt wrong with the voice or what she says.

It’s HOW she says it. Just that accent from a female grates on me, I’d rather hear Scouse (& thats bad enough)

Some of her songs I could listen to all day. Just don’t speak in between.

Kevevs
    Free Member

why don’t you just put her cd on then, switch telly off, go do something less boring instead!

loum
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s HOW she says it. Just that accent from a female grates on me

Ah right, you’re hung up on where she’s from. How open-minded of you.

Don’t ever come to London then; you’ll end up exploding with apoplexy….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

why don’t you just put her cd on then, switch telly off, go do something less boring instead!

Got it on me Pod so I might. How is it boring seeing as your’e taking an interest? Or are you being boring?

I must apologise, I blame the Bacardi & Jura Superstition!

Jamie
    Free Member

I had to google Jura Superstition. I thought it was an eau de toilette.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t ever come to London then; you’ll end up exploding with apoplexy…

What!! There’s still peeple who tawk like that in Laaandon? I’ll stay away then. (even though my son lives in Camden) 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had to google Jura Superstition. I thought it was an eau de toilette.

Tastes like it to some of the uninitiated. 😈

Jamie
    Free Member

What!! There’s still peeple who tawk like that in Laaandon? I’ll stay away then. (even though my son lives in Camden)

Some Londoners, earlier.

Kevevs
    Free Member

How is it boring seeing as your’e taking an interest? Or are you being boring?

I was just singing the Why Don’t You song in my head and it fell out of my fingers on to the keyboard. 😛

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

LOL @ Jamie! My lad’s far too big to go up a chimney! Mind you, he is….never mind, forget I mentioned anything about going up chimneys.

Kevevs
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-NlJVCIjM&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Sandwich

and it’s Caymden!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oh yeah sorry, Murray St, Caymden. (is that Caymden Taan?)

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I used to go out with her. She was fat and talentless then, I see that she is even fatter and more talentless now. She was crap in bed too, always ‘me, me, me.’ I think it was because she is fat. Oh, and her voice grated on me too. She had a guaranteed record contract from the fame school, or ‘factory’ she went to and she never stopped bleating on about it. Some people have to actually work for their fame. Not my fat Adele, oh no. Sorry for the mini rant, but I think I am actually responsible for some of the shite songs on her last album. I broke her fat heart, she broke wind. A lot.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Prima Donna in the making – recently recovering from an operation on her throat, apparently now considering moving abroad as concerned about the effect pollution is having on her throat/voice – least of your worries love, the fags will be doing that for you! She famously quoted that she’d rather quit singing than smoking.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Adele at home enjoying her fag and cake diet

Amos
    Free Member

I know where you’re coming from OP but I’d much rather listen to her genuine cockney accent than this weird speak teenagers and 20 something’s are using “you me though, what you chatting about though, axe me though, like whatever though” etc etc.

bullheart
    Free Member

I used to go out with her. She was fat and talentless then, I see that she is even fatter and more talentless now. She was crap in bed too, always ‘me, me, me.’ I think it was because she is fat. Oh, and her voice grated on me too. She had a guaranteed record contract from the fame school, or ‘factory’ she went to and she never stopped bleating on about it. Some people have to actually work for their fame. Not my fat Adele, oh no. Sorry for the mini rant, but I think I am actually responsible for some of the shite songs on her last album. I broke her fat heart, she broke wind. A lot.

Hmmm…

A couple of issues here.

She had a guaranteed record contract from the fame school, or ‘factory’ she went to and she never stopped bleating on about it.

It was the BRIT School. She didn’t have a contract from the school, but there was substantial industry support throughout her time there.

She was fat and talentless then, I see that she is even fatter and more talentless now.

Overweight? Yes, she never participated in PE there. Talentless? Nope, her voice was and is amazing. Does she know it? – of course, she was a pain in the arse and very self-assured all the time she was at the BRIT.

How do I know? I taught at the BRIT.

Markie
    Free Member

Still, at least you’re not bitter, eh Gary?

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s HOW she says it. Just that accent from a female grates on me, I’d rather hear Scouse (& thats bad enough)

I couldn’t agree more on the accent thing, what accent does the OP have? Just to balance things out, like.

johnners
    Free Member

Hmmm…

A couple of issues here.

Not really, I assumed gg made the whole thing up.

It’s what I assume about almost everything everybody on this site posts, that way I get to retain my faith in humanity.

iDave
    Free Member

My guess is that she’s slimmer than most of the STW population with a much less whiny voice too.

As for her talent, people in glass houses…..

matt_outandabout

Amazing voice – never heard her before, was fabulous to watch.

freeagent
    Free Member

I don’t mind her singing, just can’t get passed the fact she looks like Matt Lucas in Drag.

ditch_jockey

Not a big fan of her music – I find her voice has a harshness to it when she goes for top notes that grates on my ear.

As for her size, I don’t see how that has a bearing on her musical abilities – I can think of plenty of female singers with big amazing voices, and big bodies to match.

mildred

iDave – Member
    My guess is that she’s slimmer than most of the STW population with a much less whiny voice too.

Brilliant – early days but best post of the year so far. It’s just what I was thinking.

chakaping
    Free Member

I reckon she would be a laugh to go on the piss with.

Yeah. She’s like a crude 40-year-old divorcee trapped in the body of a 22-year-old.

petergriffin
    Free Member

I find it amazing that someone starts a thread about Adele, and up pops the boyfirend that broke her heart and one of her teachers from the Brit academy or whatever it is called. Small world. I only know 2 of her songs anyway, Mrs Griffin likes her though.

allyharp

Never mind her accent, what about that laugh?! 😯

Anyway, I think she’s great.

Lifer
    Free Member

She’s no Polly Jean.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Adele..’ is closed to new replies.