Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Adeje Tenerife ….. any off road tracks?
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Hi again,

we’re off to Tenerife on Saturday, and I have a basic HT EMTB booked, for 3 days, from Tuesday: we’re staying near “Avenida Jardines Del Duque ; does anyone know if I can access any off road trails or tracks, by bike, nearby, please?

chipster

We stayed in Adeje in 2017, I booked 3 days riding with Lavatrax. Recommended.
    Edit. I just noticed the e for electric.
    Get in touch with @potdog on here, he runs Lavatrax, might be able to help you.

Fat-boy-fat

Lavatrax+1. Had a couple of rides with them. Enjoyable.

saslufc

I’ve done half a dozen guided group rides (incl bike hire) with Bike Point Tenerife who have a tour most days of the week – always very good and they will minibus you to places so you’re only riding the good stuff. I tried booking Lavatrax a couple of times and could never match availability. IIRC, you need to be carful where you ride and can get fined a fairly large amount for riding in the wrong place.

big_scot_nanny

I would like to go back, was there in 2018 ish at Costa Adeje and whenever we went anywhere hilly I kept seeing tracks and thinking ‘man, wish I’d brought my bike!’

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

I had a good day out with

HOME

When I stayed in Costa adeje

pipiom
    Free Member

Cheers for the ideas guys, but a combination of deteriorating health and age, means I’m just out for somewhere to solo bimble.

Apologies for not explaining myself adequately.

I’ve only hired a coil sprung hardtail for 3 days, and a couple of hours max each day is what I’m after.

I’ve done the guided day tours before in Tenerife, and they’re awesome, but I’d just not make it now.

I’m hoping to just ride up to Pizza Originale area, and try to find something off-road. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas to help.

Good info about the fines btw. Are the prohibited trails signposted?

saslufc

I *think* (it’s been a while) that the fines are for riding in the Teide national park – which covers a very large part of the centre of the island – outside of the few permitted trails that cross it. I think the signage was pretty weak and I’ve seen rangers around every time I’ve been there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.