Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Achilles Heel pain – likely recovery time?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Hey peeps,

Anyone done there achilles in before?

I think i've just strained it after doing 100 miles on the road bike with my seat slightly to high. No pain to start with then it kicked in 4 days after. didn;t think much of it and then went for a 3 hour ride which aggrevated it made it swell up and it started squeaking (thats hows thetendon feels!) Anyways i've completly rested up for 12 days now but it still feels a bit painful to the pinch and kinda hurts when driving (Clutch use).
    Anyone know what sort of recovery time i'm looking at and if its ok to do any light riding in the meantime or is it best to just rest. I've been doing the usual ice and massage treatment along with some calve stretches..

Seeing physio on monday with a view to getting riding sooner

trail_rat
    Free Member

even with physio took me about 4 months to get back to normalish feeling and about 6 months to get back to riding fighting fit !

surfer
    Free Member

Some useful info here.

Previous achilles pain thread

Algore
    Free Member

After doing similar at TransWales last year, it took me 5months of Bupa Physio to get rid of it.
    However, my physio was happy for me to keep riding on it. I just made sure my saddle was never too high.
    Lots of ice and she had me doing heel raises and drops on stairs- every 36hours. But not over stretching them.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Please God don't say it gonna be that long! its only be 12 of rest and i'm crawling the walls. Talking about nightmare this jumps in after the 1st event of the season and i'm already registered for another 10!!
    AAAArrrrghhh!

Algore – did you ride all the way through the 5 months or did you have to rest for a time before getting back on the bike?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Right thats it i'm gonna go sulk and get some biscuits….

Algore
    Free Member

Had only about a week off the bike. Then two weeks of riding rolling trails (no massive out of the saddle uphills) :Dand back to normal after that.
    Just take it easy and see what you can do. I also wore compression socks!

😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats about what i did gravity sucks …

i spent 4 months cycling round nz and auz over winter , felt on top form ready to take on the season – did 200k with my saddle about 10mm too high – crippled for months !

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Theres light at the end of the tunnel. I might get the turbo out tonight then and see how it feels with some twiddling.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

As the OP of the tendosis thread I can concur with Algore. I went to my physio this morning and he prescribed more eccentric exercises (heel raising and lowering).

The good news is he said I could still ride.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Sweet I researched this last week and started doing a little eccentric exercies so hopefully it should be full steam ahead, well maybe a lil bit of steam

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Achilles Heel pain – likely recovery time?’ is closed to new replies.