Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Acer aspire one d255 ?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Has anyone got any experience on these ? im in need of a laptop for general browsing and my english a level work for a couple of years until i head to uni where ill upgrade to th likes of a mac but as usual ive over spent on my pitch and my budget has taken the blow. Ive only got around £200 now and ive noticed these around a lot they’ve got some good reviews. I know typing will be a little comprimised but ican deal with this i just wondered if anyone had anything that could sine a bit more light on them for me ? If any one knows of anything else decent around this price range could you tell me too
    Cheers

samuri
    Free Member

I have a slightly lower version with the solid state drive and less ram. It’s a nice little netbook. The keyboard is small but you get used to it quick. I use mine mainly for browsing, email and watching videos when I’m away from home. I’d not use windows though, too slow. My SSD is only 8Gb though, a bit small to be honest.

Ubuntu netbook edition is fine but every now and and again it does hang for a few seconds. That seems to be a browser issue though, firefox.

As far as pricing goes, try here.
    http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/box_opened_laptops/prod.asp

These are all reconditioned devices but both me and my son got ours from here and they’ve been faultless. for a year now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Acer aspire one d255 ?’ is closed to new replies.