Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • aaarhg – apple lighting cables
  • dti

Anyone else have a problem with these, ive tried cheap , medium and expensive and they all fail after about 2-3 months.

jam-bo

nope. genuine apple ones work just fine. not had one fail since it came out.

zilog6128

They commonly fail where the connector meets the cable. Depends how much abuse you give it really! I’ve got through a few cheapies this way; no “proper” ones yet though.

Aside from just being careful, you can reinforce this area to strengthen them or apparently even repair them with Sugru or similar.

seadog101

There’s one in our office (OK, bridge of a ship..) which is genuine one, used by all and sundry for their iPads/phones. Still working fine after about a year.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

No problems here, had one for about a year. Maybe you’re just ham fisted?

chomp
    Free Member

I’ve had some good experience with the Amazon/Belkin ones

3 or 4 of them around house/office and used for 6 months with no issue

the-muffin-man

It could just be fluff in the connection port, so the cable doesn’t make a proper connection. It gets compacted at the bottom – just gently scrape out with a paper clip.

nealglover
    Free Member

we still have four originals that are all fine, no idea how long we have had them, but at least two of them since they were first released.

CountZero

Out of all the various 32-pin and Lightning cables I have, going back quite a few years, only one has had the cable outer split at the connector junction, and that still works fine, with some epoxy glue around the split.
    I think the problem is that a great many people think it’s OK to just hold the cable and pull, instead of doing it properly and holding the actual plug and pulling that.
    I think I have around a dozen cables in total, with five swanky Lightning cables coming from an Indigogo thing. Really heavy duty cables and reinforced plugs, but not cheap.

Jamie
    Free Member

Amazon Basics.

Every time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘aaarhg – apple lighting cables’ is closed to new replies.