Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Aaaagh windows!
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

How can a valid and genuine windows product key go from being valid one week to invalid and counterfeit the next? And the phone number for validation isn’t working either. For the love of god windows wasn’t the best os, just the first.
    Any suggestions before it’s lofted from a window?

bruneep

Was it Windows 8?

Seen this in action last week, what a pile of poo.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Nope just 7 everything is above board and suddenly this happens. I’m sticking to hackintosh at least that works without complaint

Waderider
    Free Member

Install linux, at least as a dual boot i.e. get on the learning curve of another type of OS.

allthegear
    Free Member

Take it back to where you bought it and get a refund.

Rachel

Klunk
    Free Member

seriously thinking of going back to xp from windows 7 had more blue screens of death in the last week than in 10 yrs of using of xp.

poonprice
    Free Member

seriously thinking of going back to xp from windows 7 had more blue screens of death in the last week than in 10 yrs of using of xp.

Windows 7 is solid, I’d say its more likely a rogue driver, malware or a bit of hardware starting to fail if your having major propblems.

As for the validation problem, This can happen if the registry gets corrupt or if you have a major hardward change or of course your key is blacklisted for a particular reason.

z1ppy

Windows 7 is solid, I’d say its more likely a rogue driver, malware or a bit of hardware starting to fail if your having major propblems.

+1, so without trying to be nasty, you’ve most likely done something to it, & that hardly MS’s fault…
    As for the validation, that is really crap but what can you expect, there only trying to protect their investment. A phone call, will/should get it sorted though.

asterix
    Free Member

not so sure about W7 being solid – BSODs killed my last W7 PC and I didnt make any hardware changes. XP and NT were more stable, but I have a new W7 PC now :?.

Cougar

Time / date / timezone correct?

Run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt.

Run memtest+.

If you send me a copy of the minidump (c:\windows\minidump) I might be able to tell you why it crashed.

thepodge
    Free Member

Just gone across to Linux and I can’t see me ever going back

samuri
    Free Member

And for some balance. I’ve never had a problem with my windows 7 PC, ever.

My macbook on the other hand, all sorts of issues.. It’s biggest fault is how long it takes it to wake up. I could reboot the windows 7 pc twice in the same time most times. The macbook will also often run out of steam and just show the spinning wheel for long periods. Reboot usually fixes it for a while whereas I can’t remember the last time the windows 7 pc was rebooted.

How times change eh?

Stoner
    Free Member

W7 faultless +1

And that’s from a chromium junkie.

I keep a W7 machine for heavy lifting and it’s been the most stable machine Ive owned. Never a BSOD. I did have an SSD go postal on me, but that’s hardly the OS’s fault.

Klunk
    Free Member

Just gone across to Linux and I can’t see me ever going back

unfortunately i don’t have the option, tied into windows only software at the moment.

richmars

Windows 7 pretty faultless for me as well, that’s work running CAD, CFD etc and home.

cranberry
    Free Member

Windows 7 is solid, I’d say its more likely a rogue driver, malware or a bit of hardware starting to fail if your having major problems.

+ another 1.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

It did crash heavily using ie once I restarted it as a mac I’ve not gone back since as I used it in its mac format. I’ll try with dell as it’s their disc I’m using to install. Don’t mind buying it depending on how much it costs. Osx is just so much simpler and grown up!

Flaperon

Our Dell started bleating about a non genuine copy of Windows. Dell and Microsoft completely unhelpful. Three years old so no warranty support available. Never did get fixed. Running Ubuntu now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Aaaagh windows!’ is closed to new replies.