Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Aaaagh! Just Looked outside.
  • Bregante

Okay, so I went for my first ride in 3 months yesterday after breaking my wrist. It was pretty icy in places and I was a bit of a mincer, not wanting to cause further injury but I had a great time and was all ready to complete the weekend with another ride this morning!

Just got up ready to drive to the Peaks and looked outside. It's snowing again (a lot)!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be interesting.

Vortexracing

Same here, Chorley Lancs.

got up at 6, washed and dressed ready to go into work and it's a good inch deep.

Thought sod it, it was only overtime. So waiting for the kids and the Mrs to get up and then it looks like a ride is in order only locally though.

Opposite response to yourself i'm afraid 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

At least it's not raining!

No snow here, but bloody cold

M6TTF
    Free Member

Dumping down here in macc, the last hasn't melted off the hills yet!

forge197
    Free Member

dry here in Wiltshire, thick frost though

pennine
    Free Member

Cold dry and cloudy here in West Yorkshire. Heading to the Dales in a couple of hours where it's supposed to become sunny mid morning.

spandex_bob

Only an inch or so here Chester this morning, but for somewhere "that never really gets any snow" it's been a pretty good year so far.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I'm about to head out into what is about to be a sunny Pentland hills, then off to take some downhill photos at sunny Innerleithen this afternoon. Sorry!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

1" of snow near Wigan – looks like Gisburn won't be getting visited my be today 😥

aracer
    Free Member

Where's my snow 🙁

marsdenman
    Free Member

Thick frost and ruddy cold here in Marsden….

Jamie
    Free Member

and it's a good inch deep.

Stay in your house Sir. The rescue teams are on route!

😉

hp_source

Just a dusting on the cars and a thick frost in Mossley/Saddleworth too…

Stick a few layers on and it'll be a lovely riding day!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

another beautiful sunny day in Edinburgh. I am really beginning to tire of this boring weather. Sunny day after sunny day.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Can someone rescue me and my family please??? 😆

Woke up to this in North Staffs.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Best ride of the year for me – goyt valley was stunning this morning, apart from sheet ice everywhere!

TomHill
    Free Member

Beautiful cold, crisp day in West Yorks. Did a mini tour on the road bike. Starting in Leeds, taking Otley, back up the Chevin, over to Ilkley Moor via Menston, over to Keighley, Haworth, Hebden Bridge, Cragg Vale, Sowerby Bridge, Halifax and back to Leeds on/near the A58. Weird mix of hands and feet feeling like they were going to drop off on the descents, then warming up on the next climb. Quite a few patches of ice about, but blue skies and sunshine the whole way.

1st ride in 2010, thanks to weather, holidays and bike/stripping/building. Didn't half feel good to be out.

Now taking alternate sips of tea and Innis and Gunn, and looking forward to a Thai takeaway in a bit.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Great weather in the Pentlands this morning.

And then great weather for photo taking at the (cancelled!) Alpine Bikes Winter Downhill Series.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Cold but clear up here in Edinburgh today. Good riding conditions in the Pentlands as the mud is all frozen.

Looked like a spring day in some places:

big-chief-96
    Free Member

iv just been for a hike in the lakes and the weather is fantastic, hardly any snow, blue sky and no wind. it was quite icy in places but not too bad

Bregante

Sacked the Peaks in the end and went for a ride from Rochdale and up round Rooley moor on my billy. Glad I did. Awesome day out

rOcKeTdOg

light dusting here in the NW Alps or…there's been an accident with an icing sugar tanker

rOcKeTdOg

light dusting turned into about an inch and a half, i'm not enjoying it this time 😕

cp

no new snow at all from Sheffield looking over to Mam Tor in the peak yesterday!

Did a fell race in the morning yesterday – was nice and firm under foot… for the most part!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Half an inch in Farnborough, Hants this AM. It's turned the A331 into a black ice skating rink, and it was shut off with about 8 cars smashed up southbound at 7am whan I went in, then Notrhbound closed just after that.

I really was lethal. Even the bits that just looked wet were actually ice, but there's people overtaking you in the snowy outside lane still. Eejits.

rOcKeTdOg

update: just had a call from the other half, some twonk has driven into the back of her car whilst she was stationary 🙄

be careful out there kids!

aviemoron
    Free Member

Well another few inches of fresh up here. Biking taking a back seat this winter and skiing is the one. Gonna skin up Cairngorm for the exercise, then maybe into the Northern Corries for some "steeps".

allthepies
    Free Member

PP – A331 was a carpark at 07:40, I went through the Army land to get from A'shot -> Farnborough with no traffic problems 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Aaaagh! Just Looked outside.’ is closed to new replies.