Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A question about online interviews
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

If a potential employer asks you to record your answers to 5 interview questions online (a screening step I’d been unfamiliar with, up to now), and you screw up the first but don’t want to re-record the whole interview (the only option) because you don’t want to risk screwing up your other four answers second time round…

…is that a bit like getting up and sodding off half way through an interview?

I decided to submit the interview as it was, to give the selectors an honest impression of my immediate, first attempts at answering their questions in what feels like an odd setting to be honest.

How much of a mistake was it not to re-record, do you think?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Either sounds like there are a lot of applicants or the company has bought into some BS HR/Recruitment consultant’s wet dream.

How much of a mistake was it not to re-record, do you think?

Did you want the job?
    If you get it then it didn’t matter, if not you can blame something, if your really hung up on it call them or email to say you tried to re-record but it crashed.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Did you want the job?

Until I learned about their recruitment process I was quite interested…

bought into some BS HR/Recruitment consultant’s wet dream

This is what I’m getting too.

email to say you tried to re-record but it crashed

More inclined to email the HR person to explain why their screening process is a good way to alienate the type of person they should be recruiting for the role, but that would make me look like an odd-ball.

Be interesting to hear back from them tomorrow.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

More inclined to email the HR person to explain why their screening process is a good way to alienate the type of person they should be recruiting for the role, but that would make me look like an odd-ball.

Hmm HR & sense of humour? You need to be speaking to the person who is actually hiring.

dobo
    Free Member

depends what their criteria is but its probably not a deal breaker by screwing up the first question, what type of questions were they? your other questions should give an idea of what your capable of. just got to hope everybody else didnt nail all 5 questions but still if they liked your other responses you could still get through.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

That’s what I thought.

I also had to complete a ‘Predictive Index’ survey … the results of which will be interesting. I already know my personality type and although it’s well-suited to my profession, I know it’s not what they’re looking for … which should tell me something shouldn’t it?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

its probably not a deal breaker by screwing up the first question

…as long as the mic didn’t pick up me muttering “for f•••s sake” under my breath as I clicked the “Stop Recording” button. 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A question about online interviews’ is closed to new replies.