Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • a few fork questions
  • sefton
    Free Member

looking at reba forks what is the difference between RL & RLT & RLT TI

Also I have a Turner Flux with Shimano MT65 wheels can I have a straight threw axle? if so what size? 15 or 20mm

is there a fork with 120mm that winds down to 100mm?

cheers
    Craig.

sefton
    Free Member

anyone???

LoCo
    Free Member

RLT Ti is the one to go for (2011) 2012 will be different with DNA damping, and I’ll go for a 15mm maxle as a little lighter for the shorter travel forks.

sefton
    Free Member

has to be 120mm

so would 15mm maxle fit or would I need QR?

z1ppy

RL = tooled flood gate
    RLT = externally adjustable floodgate.
    RLT Ti = Black box MoCo

As per Loco I’d suggest the 2011 120mm RTL Ti or 2010 120mm Team’s (same thing as the RLT Ti & still some about), and come with the proper 20mm axle not that stupid 15mm thing.

sefton
    Free Member

CAN i BE HONEST AND SAY WHAT THE F@#K are maxles, axles?

LoCo
    Free Member

Maxles are the thru axles, which come in 15 or 20mm, just a brand name/system, like the Fox/Shimano 15mm

robsoctane
    Free Member

Maxles are the bolt through 12mm axle on the back of a bike. Makes it nice and stiff apparently.

As a Fox user I’m only pretty sure that Maxle is on the fork too, them and Maxle light. Both 20mm.

LoCo
    Free Member

and the back too as above, but didn’t want to complicate things any further 😀

sefton
    Free Member

do they only fit threw certain hubs or am I ok with my shimano mt65’s?

andyl
    Free Member

if they are QR shimano hubs then you are stuffed and have to go QR. Or use it as an excuse for a new wheel 😀

sefton
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

You’ll just have to stick with QR forks then.

z1ppy

Craig, in a few of your previous post you have SID’s fitted, it “may” be possible to extend these to 120mm.
    Post the year and exact model and someone maybe able to confirm this…

You get your extra 20mm with minimal outlay…

z1ppy

sefton
    Free Member

apart from a little weight is there any difference between the sids now?

z1ppy

well they’e introduced a 80/100mm or 100/120mm version this year, so I imagine the previous version’s were all 80/100/120 but have never paid huge attention to em personally.

sefton
    Free Member

think I’m going to go for the 2011 reba team. its in silver but I can just about deal with that!

the equivalent reba rlt ti is loads more expensive and apparently exactly the same as the 2010 team

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘a few fork questions’ is closed to new replies.