Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Rick Stein….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Shut up you utter ****!

And your restaurant is shite too…

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m watching Sarah Beeny’s cracks

jam-bo

Try padstow, you can’t get away from him

bikerbruce
    Free Member

loddrik….gotta disagree with you there mate..

donsimon
    Free Member

The country is beautiful, his pronunciation is w**k! 👿

Kato

I like him

john_drummer
    Free Member

his pronunciation is w**k!

of course it is, he’s English 😉

yunki
    Free Member

are you constipated Loddrik..?

I can’t see that there’s any harm in the Stein fella and his enthusiasm’s infectious..

voodoo_chile

loddrik ,I think Stein would take you though 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

I know people that have worked for him and, according to them, he is an utter prick.

iDave
    Free Member

he’s a man lodders, I thought it was only women you didn’t like?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

After visiting Padstow last week, i can see why locals don’t like him. The whole town seems to have his ruddy logo everywhere, i can understand the restaraunts, the chippy and the chefs training school but the Rick Stein Patisserie? The Rick Stein Giftshop??? 😯

FuzzyWuzzy

Err perhaps he’s trying to you know – earn some money?! FFS he runs businesses and his name is a brand thanks to TV exposure, why wouldn’t he use it everywhere he can?

iDave
    Free Member

I’m sure the peasants of Padstow hate him so much they’d love him to piss off and take numerous jobs/visitors with him 🙄

RustySpanner

He doesn’t like guitarists either.

Anyone got a picture of Bonnie Raitt gutting a halibut?

Inbred456
    Free Member

Seems passionate about the food which is the important thing. Every dish he’s made I would eat. Nice to see the driving over lemons place, Now I can put a picture to the place after enjoying the book. Have to agree about Sarah Beeny.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Now this is EVERYWHERE.

Hello Ms. Beeny:

bigbloke
    Free Member

Stop It!!!!

Rick Stein is great , end of. In the same league as Keith Floyd who i also won’t have a bad word said against….so shoosh.

I find/found their programmes engaging and easy viewing.

mrchrispy

Wouldnt have him baby sitting the kids. Nuff said.

ransos
    Free Member

So he’s extremely knowledgeable, passionate about food, and has brought loads of trade in for the people of Padstow. Yeah, I can see why everyone hates him.

Oh, and his restaurant’s great.

yunki
    Free Member

santacoops
    Free Member

We audit his businesses… therefore i shall say nothing. Apart from hes a nice chap. 🙂

j_me
    Free Member

. He’s got a restaurant in Australia where every Friday night they paint a P infront of his name on the sign

ilovemygears
    Free Member

when i was still in Cornwall he was getting death threats.. made me lol hard he charges 8 quid for some chips and there shit! least his dogs dead now, that couldn’t have been hygienic!

So he’s extremely knowledgeable, passionate about food, and has brought loads of trade in for the people of Padstow. Yeah, I can see why everyone hates him.

yea most of the people of Cornwall cant afford to eat his shit, he just fills the place up with emits that make even more Cornish people homeless, hope he falls in a deep fat fryer and has a hideousness death!

santacoops
    Free Member

when i was still in Cornwall he was getting death threats.. made me lol hard he charges 8 quid for some chips and there shit! least his **** dogs dead now, that couldn’t have been hygienic!

A beautifully worded and calculated response. Well done.

ransos
    Free Member

yea most of the people of Cornwall cant afford to eat his shit, he just fills the place up with emits that make even more Cornish people homeless, hope he falls in a deep fat fryer and has a hideousness death!

If they can’t afford to eat it, how do they know it’s shit? And if you’re reduced to arguing that he’s resonsible for people buying second homes, you’re looking more than a little desperate.

Plenty of Cornish people seem quite happy to take the tourist dollar, which is why their criticism makes them steaming hypocrites.

BigJohn

Better edit that quick ilovemygears or you’ll get a warning.

(For writing there instead of their)

derek_starship
    Free Member

ilovemygears

What an appalling post. You should be ashamed of yourself.

hora
    Free Member

Never liked Rick Stein’s programmes tbh but his take on Spain has really got me interested and its a great roadtrip to watch.

Thanks Rick 🙂

ilovemygears
    Free Member

If they can’t afford to eat it, how do they know it’s shit? And if you’re reduced to arguing that he’s resonsible for people buying second homes, you’re looking more than a little desperate.

Plenty of Cornish people seem quite happy to take the tourist dollar, which is why their criticism makes them steaming hypocrites.
    well this is a sort of well thought out responce.
    Firstly i can afford to eat it thanks to having a family that got a big farm etc i can tell you there a shop in Hayle that does much nicer ones for a 1/4 of the price, secondly tourist jobs are the only ones available for many people, these only last for a short while in the summer the rest of the year its JSA for them, no jobs no hope of a job.. job centre wont even ask you if you been looking as they know its a waste of time. The tourist jobs are always min wage.. Cornwall was traditionally a mining nation and until historical recently Cornwall was a rich area, at one point having the richest square mile of land in the world(Poldice Valley area) but these grate days are sadly gone. any way what happens is people how earn a lot more money in say London come down and buy up all the house in the small villages and towns. pushing the price of them up past the level that most Cornish people can afford, the same with rental, its hard to find a rental place a so many are holiday lets etc. It dosent effect me personally but it effect many of my fellow Cornish country men and it piss’s me of no end. Youre holiday home means that yet anther single mother/ family/ old person/any one will end up in B&B just so you can have house to live in two weeks a year..

ransos
    Free Member

well this is a sort of well thought out responce.

I doubt you’d recognise one if it were slapping you round the chops.

Nothing in your post has much to do with Rick Stein: he opened a restaurant in Padstow in the early 1970s, and made a great success of it. That’s all there is to it.

I suggest you direct your bitterness and envy elsewhere.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

I suggest you direct your bitterness and envy elsewhere.

im not bitter or envies mate you’re just a very silly boy, how much land you got then?? owning youre own home dosent mean youre rich! how many relations are MP’s..?? i just dont want to see my home land be turned in to one big Newquay full of dirty emits pissing and pukeing every where **** the place up, when emits fall of cliffs we lol, and we lol really hard!

santacoops
    Free Member

Eloquently put again!

ransos
    Free Member

im not bitter or envies mate you’re just a very silly boy, how much land you got then?? how many relations are MP’s..?? i just dont want to see my home land be turned in to one big Newquay full of dirty emits pissing and pukeing every where **** the place up, when emits fall of cliffs we lol, and we lol really hard!

You measure success by being related to MPs? You must be terribly insecure. I pity you.

Oh, and if you wish to convince me that you’re not bitter, perhaps you should stop the wishing people dead thing. If nothing else, it makes everyone think that you’re an extremely unpleasant person.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

santacoops – Member
    Eloquently put again!

more factually i though, badly spelt but factual

derek_starship
    Free Member

ilovemygears
    Free Member

You measure success by being related to MPs? You must be terribly insecure. I pity you.

Oh, and if you wish to convince me that you’re not bitter, perhaps you should stop the wishing people dead thing. If nothing else, it makes everyone think that you’re an extremely unpleasant person.

im not insecure mate, just ranting at some one that has no understanding of the damage of low wages and the lack of housing in rural areas, it pisses me of.

ransos
    Free Member

im not insecure mate, just ranting at some one that has no understanding of the damage of low wages and the lack of housing in rural areas, it pisses me of.

So you want me to believe that you’re not insecure, but here you are ranting on the internet and wishing people dead. I’m entirely unconvinced.

Whilst the incoherence of your posts makes it difficult to be sure, nothing I’ve seen so far has much if anything to do with Rick Stein. You must try harder.

donsimon
    Free Member

😯

Brycey
    Free Member

What on earth has that got to do with Rick Stein though? Surely if anything he is helping your Corn-rades by providing work! Why don’t you spare some of your land to them to build an affordable home or two?

Edit – why on earth am I replying to this nonsense…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Rick Stein….’ is closed to new replies.