Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • A Brief History of Time – How far did you get ?
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I got about two thirds of the way through before giving up, and I hate giving up on books, but physics was never my strong point and I wasn't making any headway with it.

I also gave up about 6 tales into Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales, started to go a bit doolally with the rhyme.

miketually
    Free Member

I have an A grade in A level physics and got a couple of firsts in the undergrad physics modules I did at uni as part of my primary teaching degree, which included some quantum mechanics. But, I've never read the book.

Could be a good one to listen to as an audiobook. Easy to make too – just copy and paste the text into text to speech software 🙂

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Another vote for "The Fabric of the Cosmos" here. Explains things using approachable analogies & has references to where you can find the actual maths in the back.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

stumpy01 – Member

Is this the Bill Bryson book??

No, you're confusing it with BBs 'a short history of nearly everything'. However, unless you have a phd, then B Brysons book is much more of the common man/interesting.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘A Brief History of Time – How far did you get ?’ is closed to new replies.