Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • A & E – should I bother?
  • guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I suspect my toe is broken (next size down from big toe). Landed on it funny on Thursday evening during a volleyball session. It hurts when I walk and if I bend it too far. Was away over the weekend so didn’t get it checked out. But the St John’s Ambulance guy in Hyde Park said it was a bit “crunchy” and I should get it seen to. Went to the nurse at the surgery today and her advice was “keep an eye on it for a couple of days, if it gets worse got to A&E”. Useless. Even I could’ve told me that. The discolouration is mostly gone so I don’t think it’ll fall off.

Is it worth going to A&E for them to tell me if it is or isn’t broken? If it is, what would they do other than suggest I rest it (and not run down Euston Road because the bloody Northern Line isn’t stopping at Kings X)?

Cheers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The general rule of thumb is ” if you thinkits broken – it isn’t. when its broken you know.

Discolouration disappearing – then my bet is it ain’t bust. It is not an A&E case now anyway – its 5 days old injury.

There is not much treatment for a broken toe anyway

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

There is not much treatment for a broken toe anyway

Thought as much. I’ll strap it tot he one next to it as that seems to make it more comfortable. Fine when riding, which is good.

Northwind

“The general rule of thumb is ” if you thinkits broken – it isn’t. when its broken you know.”

That’s what I said when I broke my hip :mrgreen:

coffeeking
    Free Member

Had no idea I’d broken my collarbone. Was a green-stick fracture though 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A & E – should I bother?’ is closed to new replies.