Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 9 years since I last used an innertube!!
  • parisroubaix

To those tubeless sceptics- this weekend I made it 9 years since I swapped to ust wheels and tyres and I havn’t had to use an inner tube once since! I admit although I have had numerous punctures, a tyre had never had a large tear- they would make a tyre boot and inner tube essential unless you carry a spare. The reason I’m posting this is that when I tell people which repair kits I use- the weldtite ones with the sticky string you put in the puncture hole using the tool provided- most people who ask me have never come across them. Because of the way they work I havn’t taken a tyre off the rim either (bar when worn out and replaced)- taking another fear, namely trying to mount one in the field- away.
    Highly recommended!!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7971

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m on about 6 years now…the first 4 on bmx innertubes and art latex.So far,2 punctures have failed to seal and I’ve torn the sidewalls on 2 tyres.

RealMan
    Free Member

2.5 years on the mtb now. Just spent about 2 hours trying to fix a stupid puncture on the stupid brand new bmx which just refuses to keep fixed. I hate tubes.

GW
    Free Member

conversely I first tried tubeless 11yrs ago and find it still doesn’t work well enough to bother with it to this day.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Went ” ghetto ” about nine months ago after being sick of nip and normal punctures. Averaged at least one every ride. Since the change over I’ve not had one. Wish I’d done ages ago tbh.

GW
    Free Member

nip punctures? 😀

I’m stealing that one

andytherocketeer

Don’t want to tempt fate, but one of my bikes has had the same 2 tubes since 2003 and the other has had the same 2 tubes since it was new in Jan 2007. OK so I’ve used 4 tubes in best part of a decade, and carried 1 spare. Probably less Euros than tyre slop, and definitely less man hours trying to get tyres seated and sealed.

Did split a tube on the CX bike the other day though. Was a bit rocky tbf.

singlespeedstu

Just spent about 2 hours trying to fix a stupid puncture on the stupid brand new bmx which just refuses to keep fixed.

Yoot in trying to sniff the glue instead of putting it on the tube shocker. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘9 years since I last used an innertube!!’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM