Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • 853 Prince Albert on it's way! Build spec?
  • batfink
    Free Member

Just heard that the 853 “Classic” Prince Alberts are en-route!
    Who else has ordered one, and how are you intending to build it up?

I’m thinking of 1×10… but other than that don’t really know. Suggestions?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Had mine old 525 set up like this a couple of years back. It was a fantastic bike:

batfink
    Free Member

What travel did you run on those pikes most of the time?

LoCo
    Free Member

Revelation RCT3 (probably the 2013 solo air model or Fox FIT RLC Kashima, both custom tuned) UST wheels (hope & 819) and xt 2 X 10 set up w ith clutch mech.
    Similar but updated to my 520 Albert. 130 mm travel on the forks but maybe put a works headset in to slacken by 1 degree to for the really steep stuff round here without raising the front too much.
    Mines coming un stickered in baby/powder blue 🙂 oh and will run Hope 180mm wavy floating rotors

batfink
    Free Member

That sounds great Loco (mine is battleship grey). Are the RCT3s dual position? And (forgive my numpty question) are you spacing them down to run at 140 or 130? Presume they are 150 out of the box.

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re dual air so fixed travel and have/will space them down to 130mm, they’re 150mm Max travel.

iamjameswilliams
    Free Member

Been Buying parts off STW for months for my 15″ blue one.

Forks: Revs 120-150 U-turn black box motion control
    Drive: 3X10 SLX
    Brakes: XT
    Wheels: Pro 2’s on UST 819’s
    Stem: 50mm thomson
    Bars: Easton Haven
    Saddel: SDG Bel air

Hoping the above will give me the flexability for an fab all rounder.

terrahawk
    Free Member

mine will have 120mm SIDs 😉

BikePawl
    Free Member

19 Inch battleship grey on order here. Already got mazzorchi 44 rct ti grey forks and silver 3×9 raceface cranks looking at a silver and black build for the rest of the parts

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

One ordered for the other half.

Fox Vans in 130mm.

King, Thomson and Hope stuff.

2 x 9 XT drivetrain with Gamut bash.

Looking forward to seeing it built, TBH!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hum – I’ve heard nothing – is there more than one batch.

I ordered mine in case I didn’t like the BFe I got earlier this year. I love the BFe with 150/120’s so I’ll be building it up around 120m forks to generally to be just a little more XC orientated.

soobalias
    Free Member

Loco – re the 2×10 setup, you may have to watch the chainstay clearance on a ‘bigger’ middle ring…. depends what you are aiming for

mine will be black, have revs @ 130 and my current 2×9 drivetrain (22/36-bash) hope/819s

nedrapier

scott_mcavennie2, what size is/was yours?

17″ grey coming here.

Apart from the rear wheel and v brake, everything could transfer over from the Dekerf with the Rebas bumped back up to 120mm. Virgin XT brakes waiting in a draw.

Or I might splurge a bit, put the rebas and the front wheel on the gf’s clockwork, which will be a great improvement on what’s on there at the moment.

Then find some or all of: SLX 2×10 groupset, Hope/DT on Crest/Arch and some adjusty forks: Marz 44 micro switch, velvet, Dual position Revs, UTurn Sektors.

rob2
    Free Member

15″ Matt Black fella coming to South Oxon :o)

1×10 XT set up with magura 130mm menja’s and Xt775 tubeless.

Hmm.. that makes 4 hardtails in the man cave. Might want to think about these impulse buys more :o)

Gordymac
    Free Member

15″ Sky blue coming here.

I’m putting on my 454 Pikes
    1×10 full Slx, Brakes, drivetrain with a new Slx shadow+ mech
    Hope/ 819s
    Renthal bars

Can’t wait 😀

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

17″ Matte Black for me.

All I have so far is a 50mm Thomson stem, Easton Monkeybars and a set of Reba RLT Dual Air 120mm.

Nae rush.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Mine was 17″ and I ran the pikes at around 95mm for playing in the woods but wound them out for DH days etc.

You guys won’t be disappointed.

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

17″ Sky Blue here, XCish build with 120mm Rebas, Mavic717/Pro2, Hope Mono Minis, other Hope/Thomson bits 3×9 etc.

I haven’t heard any dates, are Dialled/Mike still aiming for end of July?

kayak23

Got a 15″ 725 here.
    1×9 at 34-34 with a SS chainguide.

Using Pikes at 140mm with no problems. I thought I’d end up adjusting them up and down for what I’m doing but to be honest they feel fine at 140mm on everything. I may wind them in a bit if doing some hardcore climbing.

Got singletrack rims on so may go for something lighter in the end but as it is, it freakin rocks!

rondo101
    Free Member

17″ matt black here. 120mm Reba, Pro2 Evo/Crest & Arch, XT 1×10 & brakes, other Hope, Thomson, Renthal & Ritchey bits.

Had an email from Mike the other day saying delivery is on track for early July & could I pay the £100 balance shortly.

batfink
    Free Member

Thanks all for your replies and pics! Lookis like Rebas or Pikes are the fork of choice….

foofighter
    Free Member

15 inch Matt Black for me – was going to put it aside until i can afford to build it up but the above has got me thinking ! 😕

docrobster
    Free Member

I’ve got a 17 in red coming. Will get 140 revs, X9/x7/LX 1×9 to start with. Wheels are superstar cheapies but may splurge on a pair of arch ex’s to lace on. Probably 70×710 cockpit. Oh and dropper post once it’s fixed.
    Can’t wait! 🙂

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

Anybody got their frames yet?

soobalias
    Free Member

not yet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

not yet, email said they would get to the UK on 28th but I only paid the balance a few days ago.

nedrapier

28th?! boo.

I was hoping to have it built for a ride I’ve got planned for the 21st or 28th.

Hey ho. Means there’s no stress about the 21st July retail release date for 2013 RS forks then. And I can send this bloody wheel back to the bloody Germans.

nedrapier

hold on: 28th June or July? Just had a look back at emails and saw “ready to send to customers in 1st week of July” which would tie in with 28th June.

jambalaya
    Free Member

28 June – sorry for confusion

nedrapier

In case anyone missed it on the other thread:

mike-at-dialledbikes – Member
    Prince Albert Classics arrive on Monday (so all pre-order customers should have theirs by the following Monday).

That’d be delivered by 16th July

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘853 Prince Albert on it's way! Build spec?’ is closed to new replies.