Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 7" tablet recommendations for an 8 year old.
  • renton
    Free Member

My lad had an ipod touch and last week he fell out of the front door and smashed the screen. apple want to p/x it but for the price on top I am considering getting him a 7″ tablet for his games etc.

Budget of around £110 max

any recommendation please?

cheers

Steve

joemarshall
    Free Member

Iphone screen repair is not very expensive, or do it yourself and the parts are about 15 quid. I’d be surprised if ipod touch is different. Will be youtube tutorials on how to do it.

Cougar

Well, if you’re moving from an iPod to non-Apple, none of ‘his games’ will work. Many games are on both platforms (iOS and Android) but not all. Is that going to be an issue?

renton
    Free Member

Not an issue really as most of the game he likes are on the play store too.

Ive tried replacing the screen on an ipod touch before and its bloody hard !

vincienup
    Free Member

Depending where you are you may get the iPod touch repaired by a third party for 25-40 quid with warranty.
    Parts and DIY is cheaper and not Hard but is Fiddly and Frustrating. Personally would not do it DIY again to save a tenner. 🙂

chorlton
    Free Member

Got a Nabi tablet for girlfriends 7 year old at Xmas. Really good. Has a mum mode so you
    can restrict internet for the little ones while you can look at whatever you like.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Another for the screen repair myself, worth checking to see if the logic board isn’t rooted in the fall but worth a punt for the money.

renton
    Free Member

Well its a bit late now as Ive thrown it in the bin !! 😳

So back to 7″ tab recommendations please !!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Nexus 7?

twoniner
    Free Member

Got a Nabi tablet for girlfriends 7 year old at Xmas. Really good. Has a mum mode so you
    can restrict internet for the little ones while you can look at whatever you like.

Got a Nabi for my 7 yr old daughter, its brilliant, I use it to get on the net too when shes getting her head down!

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Got my 9 year old sister a Blackberry Playbook for chirstmas. She loves it !! And to be fair, I prefer it to my iPad2. In budget too 🙂

joemarshall
    Free Member

Well its a bit late now as Ive thrown it in the bin !!

For future reference, before you go chucking things like that that are broken, worth checking how much broken ones go for on ebay. Assuming it was an old ipod touch then possibly not much, but broken new phones can go for an awful lot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘7" tablet recommendations for an 8 year old.’ is closed to new replies.