Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 6 years
  • donsimon
    Free Member

John Robert Parker Ravenscroft, OBE (30 August 1939 – 25 October 2004)

An inspiration in the world of music, often copied, never replaced.

Respect.

cynic-al
    Free Member

6 years?

donsimon
    Free Member

25/10/2010-25/10/2004= 6, yep, 6 years.

can-uk
    Free Member

An inspiration in the world of music, often copied, never replaced.

Too true.. he is still missed.

nickc

When I heard I listened to the Zane Lowe programme that night, and he never mentioned him once, I was getting more and more pissed off, until right at the end of the programme he said nothing just played “There is a light that never goes out” as I got home, the missus was in floods of tears, it was like losing your favourite uncle. We had a dance to “teenage kicks”

MikeT-23
    Free Member

I attended a John Peel night on Friday; a night arranged by an acquaintance, and run annually for five years now.

All invited guests have to bring a selection of five tunes, usually along the lines of one from each decade starting from the 70s, and plenty of beer/wine/rum/whatever.
    Everyone takes their turn to play the track corresponding to the decade (or whatever theme is chosen as the criterion), and this goes on until all songs are done.
    In some cases, a quiz is held about halfway through (but this can draaaaag on depending on the state of innebriation of the host, I have found).

In the spirit of Mr Peel’s musical taste, the songs can be by anyone as long as the guest actually likes the track and wishes to share it with the other guests.

As it was my first attendance, I was glad, nay honoured, to be involved, and I hope to return next year.

If you like the idea, folks, feel free to take it up.

John Peel
    RIP

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah John Peel.

He should be properly remebmered by at least 6 threads.

stever
    Free Member

I’ve played today at the wrong speed as a tribute.
    I’m not sure there’ll ever be anyone quite like him again.

noteeth
    Free Member

A great man indeed.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve played today at the wrong speed as a tribute.

😆 excellent and just brought a wee tear to my eye, thanks.

Spanish radio was playing a selection from The Peel Sessions this morning, The Cure Fire in Cairo, Joy Division She’s Lost Control and The Smiths Handsome Devil.

Time to get The Fall out… 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘6 years’ is closed to new replies.