Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 6 foot, what size road (dark side) frame
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

typically when i'm about (so close) to buying a Carerra Single Speed i go and spot this:

so basically what size am i looking at, i'm 6 foot tall with a 32 inch inside leg (according to my jeans)

crazy-legs

1) Stop calling it darkside.
    2) Reach is much more inportant than inside leg length. About the only way to find out is to go and try a few out, different manufacturers have different ideas about sizing especially when you throw the slight variances of compact, semi compact and 'traditional' (ie horizontal top tube) design into the mix. Those bull-horn bars may alter things a bit too, they're usually slightly longer than normal drop bars.

aP
    Free Member

Go to your lbs and ask their advice.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

1) sorry about the Darkside comment, just seems to be the done thing on here
    2) I may give this one a miss, online reviews aren't too favourable and i'm just getting excited because it loks a bit like the Charge Plug which i can't afford at the moment
    3) I might just go with the Carrera which i know fits and i'm not going to be too stretched out on the risers bars as I would be on the bullhorn/road bike frame

Cheers anyway

Teetosugars
    Free Member

56cm at a guess..
    But try before you buy is never a bad idea..

humanbean
    Free Member

I found this useful
    frame sizing

tomdebruin
    Free Member

I'm 6'1" and ride a 56cm. My friend is 6" and rides a 58cm. I think I have a slightly shorter upper body. You'll be one of those two but you need to sit on both and see how you feel.

mrmo
    Free Member

6' and ride a 57cm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘6 foot, what size road (dark side) frame’ is closed to new replies.