Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 5010v1 or 5010v2?
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Some great deals on ex demo and even new 5010v1, is the v2 version a lot better? Anyone gone from v1 to v2? Very tempted I’ve got a Bronson which I’m keeping but enjoy riding my 2010 Zesty which is now at the end of its life.

Who services BOS forks? One bike has 140mm BOS but TF tuned don’t service them

I need opinions from those that actually have the bikes, thanks

RickDraper
    Free Member

Just bought a V2 5010 and I did own a V1 too. Not got any miles on the V2 just yet but should have some come sunday.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

😀 I’d be intrested on your take of that linkage – seems to be a place where the mud will be attracted to

neilforrow

Tick, I’d be intrested too Rick.

tomhoward

I’d be intrested on your take of that linkage – seems to be a place where the mud will be attracted to

Same as the newmad innit? No issues with that for me.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Me too, I’m tempted by one, but also the newer ‘Nomad style’ link is a real haven for collecting crap. I stripped my wife’s bike down this week & it was a solid collection of mud & old grease from the gun. It’s almost impossible to clean it properly without taking the whole thing apart.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Jungle are official service Bos stuff . j tech and Mad Elk in Ireland do services and carry some spare parts seals etc. in all honesty I would look for rs or fox instead. The lack of spares on Bos is a real world problem for owners and time off bike waiting for parts would spoil your enjoyment.
    Richard

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Thanks TD that’s a shame, Ive heard lots of good views on their performance

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

It’s an ex demo bike some comes with BOS I’ve always been RS Fox until now and TF tuned always did great service

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Being second hand you won’t get any warranty on them anyway. There are plenty of tuners out there who will service them now, and you can use SKF seals etc.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yup I’ve googled servicing them and theirs a few that do service them. I’m swayed by :

Price, 2k off
    Has same rear 142 as my carbon wheels so easy to swap over when I need to
    Doesn’t have that link table

I would like 1 degree slacker and slightly longer TT. But I’m spot on medium Bronson so no issues.

I’d assume that 140mm for would slacken HA by that much anyway as well as raise BB a tad

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m about 10 rides in on my new 5010cc V2.
    Yeah the linkage does collect crap but its no big deal, certainly doesn’t impair performance in any way and i have ridden 7 of those rides in the most wettest/muddiest conditions ever.
    Rides like a beauty, it is so well balanced i feel like a 25% better rider!!
    My previous ride was a Blur LTc and it certainly fells like an upgrade.
    Running with 150mm Pikes up front, rear certainly doesn’t feel like it ‘only’ has 130mm travel. Its soooo plush.
    Can’t wait for the dry Summer rides!!

chakaping
    Free Member

I need opinions from those that actually have the bikes, thanks

Let us know when you’ve found someone who’s owned both. Josh Bryceland might pop by, you never know.

One question though maam – if you haven’t tried a longer bike how do you know that wouldn’t be more “spot on”?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I demo ridden the large Bronson at Skyline cycles which was same size TT etc as my Zesty medium which I run with 55mm stem. I run Bronson with 65mm so it’s same reach which seems to suit my body. QED. I had put all my demo bikes geometry on a spread sheet so I ignored medium or large labels but went for the numbers angles etc based on my Zesty which I really enjoyed riding. Seemed logical first step to narrow choice. From that I demoed the four main contenders.

Not all demo and trails are going to be the same. I think as I had ride Afan quite a bit that I saw some obvious differences between the Zesty and Bronson which I liked. So there was some bias in my test

julzm
    Free Member

Re the linkage collecting crap, all SC VPP stuff does this.

My LBS showed me a way to clear it when washing it….

Put rear shock in descend, push down on seat, pulsing it, whilst directing the hose at the linkage. It clears it within about ten seconds. I wouldn’t do it very close with a pressure washer though.

It works with a newmad, solo v1 and bronson v1.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Got out on the 5010 V2 yesterday and early feelings are really good, I am impressed.

Cutting through the new bike jazz I can say I noticed these things over the Mk1:

Fit is better, I should be on a large SC as they aren’t big bikes,
    Suspension action is better, seems to no longer hang up on some hits like VPP can do,
    Feels like its got more than 130mm travel,
    DPS shock seems nice, vast improvement on CTD (custom tuned shock will always be better though).

I am running a 150mm 36 on it so its a little slacker than standard.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I’m a medium. How’s that linkage at the back doing re mud collection during ride?

Just got my new warranty Bronson frame back. Top tip for greesing. Let the air out the can..Then grease. Goes in easy.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Didn’t really bother about the linkage if I am honest, when I got home I just gave the bike a quick hose off. If it gunks up then it gunks up, its not the end of the world and would not effect me buying one.

Good tip on the grease gun.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Personally I don’t think the new revised link is a issue, I’ve had 3 bronsons & just now building 4th a V2 & moving the link up out of the way has to be a way forward,& importantly getting rid of lower pivot from the Non drive side is a huge improvement, the amount of times I whacked it & did some fair old damage to all three bikes was ridiculous, so for me its a win win situation.

Can’t wait to get it built & ragged in the great British mud, all indications are for the Solo & Bronson the tweaks have addressed a few issues.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Bronson still going fine 🙂 v1 here

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Pawsy_Bear yup got V1 & Keeping it, fantastic bike, sold tennis yellow one which was just as good but I was able to get a new (very pink) frame at sensible money & do a build, large V1 does feel a tad cramped but still a superb bike & has a feeling of, the harder you rag it the more it delivers.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Agree about pushing the Bronson hard. Seems to come alive and hugs the trail

tom.nash

Love the new 5010v2 – increased the Pikes to 140mm and it’s perfect for almost everything. The shelf can collect mud etc but I have adapted one of the wee flexible black mudguards that I got from a Tweedlove race and that protects it really well 🙂 Really plush and you would never know it’s ‘only’ 130mm out back. Noticably stiffer at the rear and the new shorter chainstays / longer top tube now means I fit a large (6ft), just like I would in any other bike brand!

Chipbutty
    Free Member

I had the v1 alloy Solo and always felt it was too short. It rode lovely apart from that. Great all round trail bike. I’ve got a v2 due to be delivered next week all being well

Chipbutty
    Free Member

First ride out today on my v2. Initial impressions are good 🙂

andysredmini
    Free Member

That looks lovely. Hopefully it doesn’t look that clean anymore.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Nice CB nice

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I can tell you it wasn’t that clean post ride.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘5010v1 or 5010v2?’ is closed to new replies.