• This topic has 45 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • £500 worth of wiggle vouchers, that I don't need…
  • Painey
    Free Member

I got these as a leaving present from work, except I have absolutely no need for ’em.

Anyone have any sensible suggestions as to what I can either buy from there or want to buy them off me at a reduced rate?!

donkeydave

20 quid?? 😆

legend
    Free Member

I assume you ride bikes? Therefore replace “need” with “want” and try again…… or just wait till the next thing breaks

bigdaddy

If this is an auction, I’ll up it and offer £30

Painey
    Free Member

Well I’ve currently got 3 mountain bikes and a road bike, none of which need anything at the moment and the missus is already giving me grief for the amount of bike stuff in the garage.

nedrapier

£31.50

binners

I’ve just had a look and unfortunately they don’t sell unicycles. So that’s my suggestion scuppered, as they don’t do coke and hookers either

donkeydave

How about keeping them till you need/want something?

m0rk
    Free Member

Are they in small denominations or just a fat £500?

If the former… eBay a couple a week

Painey
    Free Member

Got 5x £100 ones. Unicycle would have been a laugh!

steve_b77
    Free Member

How can you not need anything? You ride bikes ffs

mrhoppy

You have 4 bikes, £500 and nothing needs fixing/replacing/upgrading or you don’t just want stuff. Hmm, does not compute.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

A power meter for the road bike (Garmin Vector 2S, Pioneer both around £500)? Super fancy Garmin/GPS like an Edge 1000?

If there’s really nothing you need/want then either sell em as separate £100 vouchers for cold hard cash, or sit on them til closer to the expiry date (if they have any). Sod’s Law you’ll use em for something you don’t need and a week later your forks fill go pop or something.

AlexSimon

Does not compute +1
    Clothing?
    Shoes?

There’s always something worn out on any bike isn’t there!?

Evoc Bike Travel Bag?
    Park Tool Pro Travel and Event Toolkit?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

£500 worth of cycle passion calendars, (if wiggle still do them)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

events? you could do a full series of events.

but seriously you can’t be riding your bikes enough, atleast buy some consumables, tyres/tubes/chains/cassettes

jambalaya
    Free Member

Can you not redeem them for cash ? I would phone and ask.

bobmac892

BAHWOOOP! TROLL ALERT…

Surely with an interest in bikes, £500 free to spend as you wish is a dream come true. No?

Painey
    Free Member

Not a troll, I promise you that. If you can redeem them for cash then happy days as far as I’m concerned. I’ve got lots of stuff I need to buy as I left my company to go self employed. The events are a good shout and I guess I could stock up on various bits and pieces.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I want to order an Edge 1000, you could do me a good deal on the vouchers.

lardman
    Free Member

i’ll give you £350 for them? provided they dont run out very soon.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Cant understand how you can not want £5000 worth of stuff from Wiggle, £500 would barely scratch the surface.

Wheel upgrades,tyres (cos you can never have too many), fancy windproof jackets, expensive shorts (once you’ve had a pair you’ll wonder why you never did before), power meter, a years supply of energy/recovery drink, spare brake pads, cleats, drinks bottles, featherweight shoes that mould to your feet. The list could go on forever.

Painey
    Free Member

Fifeandy, I literally have all that stuff. Having been riding a while I’ve built up quite a collection. I’ve only just bought a new helmet as well.

Now if Wiggle did custom wheel builds then that’d be handy but as far as I can see they don’t?

mrhoppy

Jeez fifeandy, don’t say what you might buy until we’re sure this isn’t a mumsnet infiltration by our wives/girlfriends to work out what to look out for in the post/garage.

njee20
    Free Member

Fifeandy, I literally have all that stuff. Having been riding a while I’ve built up quite a collection. I’ve only just bought a new helmet as well.

Now if Wiggle did custom wheel builds then that’d be handy but as far as I can see they don’t?

So buy another helmet in a different colour (I have 3 Prevails in different colours), some nice sunglasses, buy the component parts of your wheel build and find a local builder.

Stock up on spare transmissions.

I cannot understand how anyone can genuinely not be able to buy anything! I get wanting to get something worthwhile, but genuinely nothing!?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Get pissed, go on internet. Presto!

scotroutes

I guess I could stock up on various bits and pieces

Chains, cassettes, tyres, lubes, cables. Always handy to have spares ready in case a failure means no riding.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Or give them as prizes at local juniors races. Imagine the glow on their cherubine little cheeks. (Not in a weird way)

DT78
    Free Member

SRAM etap. You can’t have that yet….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

SRAM etap. You can’t have that yet….

etap is over.

HydroHC is where it’s at.

ratherbeintobago

CRC used to, IIRC. As they’re now owned by Wiggle?..

mrblobby
    Free Member

custom wheel builds

Use some vouchers for a wheel building stand and some tools 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

£352

garage-dweller

If you can’t spend £500 of vouchers guilt free at Wiggle you are not trying. Especially with four bikes to feed.

Bregante

thestabiliser – Member
    Get pissed, go on internet. Presto

This. And don’t peep at your order history the day after. It’ll be a nice surprise then when it arrives.

Painey
    Free Member

we’re sure this isn’t a mumsnet infiltration by our wives/girlfriends to work out what to look out for in the post/garage

It definitely ain’t that! Got home from work and scouring the wiggle website again.

The get pissed method, that’s dangerous and also explains why I have a lot of stuff.

woodster

Eastway Esaki

Proper track bike for a bargain price.or a nice simple bike for enjoying the pleasures of riding fixed.

woody74

I’ll swap you 200 in Evans vouchers for £200 in Wiggle vouchers. I need some new road disc wheels and Evans don’t have any thing decent in stock. Well I should say light and cheapish.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Chains, brake pads, lube, lights,
    Bib shorts, sealant and a park tool hammer.

slimjim78
    Free Member

A good wetsuit, a pair of trainers and an aero helmet. Tri something new.

(see what I did there?)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘£500 worth of wiggle vouchers, that I don't need…’ is closed to new replies.