Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • 5 days available for honeymoon – where to go? – France?!
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Ooooh Iceland or Norway get my vote… that would be spectacular.

Think I may add those to my own list, although I am really strongly considering a return to the Amazon if I can convince t’other half!

TeamAldi
    Free Member

Stockholm is a very cool place and you could visit the islands surrounding.

timber

Went out to Croatia for a fortnight last summer.
    Was a bit further up the coast than the previously mentioned, Kornati Islands National Park, Zadar was fantastic city and then back to Zagreb via Plitvice Lakes. We mostly stayed in lets and got about by train, boat and bus.
    Swimming on the coast, as mentioned, is amazing, good snorkelling.

If you go a little further up the coast, there are ferry links to Venice.

beefheart
    Free Member

Morzine.

slimjim78
    Free Member

ok guys, im dead keen on Dubrovnic but as we only have a handful of days available I have decided to save that trip for an extended break in a year or two.
    as the weather is so awful at the moment ive also decided not to risk the motorbike trip this year.

So, i’m settled on a Eurostar trip to Paris, then on the Brussels/Brugge, and finally to Amsterdam from where we will fly home.

Asides from the usual museum/gallery suggestions, can anyone recommend good places to stay and eat in Paris?
    I think what we would really like is to visit a few really nice cafe’s/patisserie’s with mind blowing food.
    And what about evening entertainment? i’d kind of like the jazz cafe experience, or what about the Moulin Rouge?..

Same goes for Bruge/Brussels/Amsterdam? and good tips?

thanks

slimjim78
    Free Member

anyone?

carlosg
    Free Member

Mrs carlos and I honeymooned on the french atlantic coast (La Rochelle area) we loved it . The food/people/beaches everything was just right for us , did it on the cheap and camped most nights although we did splash out on a Formul1 motel a couple of times. The furthest south we got was Mimizan.

wallop

I’d love to go to Bruges, it is supposed to be really beautiful. Amsterdam is a bit hazy but I remember really enjoying the Van Gogh museum – recommended.

chaos

If you do go to Northern France and take the ferry to Cherbourg, then I’d recommend a night, or at least eating out, at the Hostellerie de Chateau in Bricquebec. The meal/service/wine/etc were one of the highlights of our honeymoon there. The website doesn’t really do it justice.

http://www.lhostellerie-bricquebec.com/English/presentation2.htm

She wasn’t quite so taken with the 2nd WW stuff 😳 but the beaches, and some kite-buggying, made up for that.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘5 days available for honeymoon – where to go? – France?!’ is closed to new replies.