Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • 41 and single again…..
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ponging Old F…..

I was on there for a bit and approched it in much the same way I do everything in life.

I think I had 5 or 6 dates in 1 week.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

4 yrs ago the wife naffed of with her new man. I’m now 40, depressed and feel that my life is over, i don’t go out anymore and have no interests in anything.

EH NAW! I picked myself up, bought a new MTB went on Holiday to Spain for MTB purposes only. Changed jobs. Joined the local cycle club and found a new burd, did this and this and this want to do this, moved forward, she moved in, just spent a great weekend with some riding on my new road bike and then on Sunday farted about in the garden and we drank beer at lunch time in the sun.

Chin up fella. Life is full of cycles only the road changes (I made that up btw! can u tell?)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

try “fitness singles” at least you cna have someone to play with for a while.. except that she’s better than me at most things, DIY, MTB, Kayaks, dog walking..

flowerpower
    Free Member

Joined the local cycle club and found a new burd

😳

So there I was, 40, happily single, minding my own business, riding my bike, walking the dog… when along came this guy, who didn’t seem to mind me doing my own stuff, and who was happy to go off and do his own. I rode Kielder 100, he did Coast to Coast. I rode LEJOG, he rode the Etape Caledonia… I moved in, now we have too many bikes, a dog, his kids on occasion, a cat. We do MTB, kayaking, other stuff and drink beer in the sun.

Life is good. Get on and do stuff – you never know what will happen or who you’ll meet 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

^^ Hey you two.

Spelling mistakes aside.
    Sounds good.
    Good for you.
    😉

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/week-off-in-junewhat-to-do-in-scotland
    ive got plans…ill stay off lasses for a while and see how i get on…a lot of the comments were helpful so thanks…close to her folks which will be tricky and we’re pretty amicable at the mo so im sure itll be fine.i paid for most stuff as she was at uni so money is easy to sort out…

thanks all! 😆

hora
    Free Member

Bobby if your near Glentress 15/16th tie up with us (a group of STWers……dont worry Im the only annoying one) 🙂

woffle
    Free Member

…training for an ironman

Raindog
    Free Member

I hope things work out for you – especially as I’m in the same boat at 47…she’s buying me out so I get a fresh start, but 23 years is going to take some shrugging off 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I can second the recommendation for Cycle ACtive’s trip to Morocco!
    Or http://www.mountainbikekerala.com is the other awesome trip I’ve been on.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Mite do the tress trip… Who’s going? What’s the sop?

MrsToast
    Free Member

When I was ditched by my boyfriend of 5 years, I got a tattoo (because I’d always wanted one, but held off because he ‘didn’t like tattoos on women’) and got a hamster.

At 41 I imagine you’ll have learnt to be more efficient, so should therefore totally get a tattoo of a hamster done.

boltonjon

At 41 I imagine you’ll have learnt to be more efficient, so should therefore totally get a tattoo of a hamster done.

ha ha – great!

Do you think anyone has ever got a tattoo of a hamster????

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

I’ll pass on the tattoo… Not big on rodents but appreciate the advice…

hora
    Free Member

Great love story guys 🙂

duckman

boltonjon – Member

ha ha – great!

Do you think anyone has ever got a tattoo of a hamster????

Posted 8 hours ago # Report-Post

117,000 results on google 😀

boltonjon

WTF????

thats unreal – why would someone do that to themselves????

Solo
    Free Member

boltonjon – Member
    WTF????

thats unreal – why would someone do that to themselves????

boltonjon

now, a tattoo of an Umpa Lumpa – that makes sense – but a hamster??? 😀

sobriety
    Free Member

How about an oompa loompa riding a hamster

boltonjon

nah, that’d kill all the childhood magic

I’ve always wanted some dwarfs dressed as Oompa Loompas at my wedding to do the table service

hence why i’m 36 and never even lived with a girl, let alone married one!!

Solo
    Free Member

now, a tattoo of an Umpa Lumpa – that makes sense – but a hamster???

LoL. ^^^ excellent post.
    😀

Solo
    Free Member

😯

lowey

Start of your new life mate. Ride lots, ride with lots of mates, go on a STW ride or a club ride. Keep your mates close.

Forget about women for a bit, just enjoy your new found “you” time.

hora
    Free Member

go on a STW ride

Wont that makes him more angry? 😆

Solo
    Free Member

Wont that makes him more angry?

Only if he wakes up wearing a new Umpa Lumpa tattoo, the next morning…..

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

It never fails to amaze what folk will get etched onto they’re body!

afield23
    Free Member

searched Lake Garda and found your post! Just booked my trip to Lake Garda by myself because I also just split from my partner of 9 years. Loving these comments, freedom is a beautiful thing! All I can say is, make the most of it because we all need these women at some point, until then do everything you wanted…. I am!

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘41 and single again…..’ is closed to new replies.