Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 3/4 bibs or full length ?
  • SOAP
    Free Member

I want some just below the knee , can you guys recommend some?
    and do full length help stop your shoes from filling up with water?
    cheers

mrchrispy

3/4 dhb – you’d be mad not to try.
    can’t really wear my boots with em though…just seems wrong

Garry_Lager

Normal bibs and leg warmers is what I use, and I think you can get knee warmers that would end just under the knee.

It was what I was told by roadies when I first started riding – that full length bibs were wrong in some way. Not sure exactly how, but I’m pretty happy with the bibs / leg warmers combination.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I just bought some of those DHB 3/4 lengths, probably the best item of clothing I’ve bought so far.

SOAP
    Free Member

any links for cheep DHB’s ?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I think they’re from Wiggle only Geoff, but if you click through via TopCashBack – there’s a 4% effective discount if it helps… 😉

Swalsey
    Free Member

In proper winter I’m going for full lenght – had 3/4 last winter, and got frustrated with the gap, plus a lot of full length are thicker and/or windproof, so much warmer. If you ain’t going ot when it’s really really cold, you’ll be happy with 3/4s. IMO 🙂

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

I ride throughout winter with 3/4’s and goretex overshoes. I don’t really feel the cold luckily, but it’s Endura Thermolite 3/4 bibs – they also do a full length set, which are a little bit heavier with a fleecy backing.

Also use shorts and Endura Knee warmers if it comes to it.

Getting your feet wet is inevitable anyway, dependant on the amount of water being thrown at them but a least over shoes can delay that for quite a while.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I ordered some of these yesterday.
    If you want warm ones for winter then buy Roubaix one but be warned, they can get very warm as they are fleece lined.
    I was out today wearing some on my Road Bike and I was border line.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I use bib shorts and supplement with leg warmers or unpadded lycra running leggings over top as temp requires. Greater versatility.

duntstick
    Free Member

Just imagine……….A full length bib with the lower part waterproof, like gaiters, over the top of your goretex boots.
    Endura, are you listening?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘3/4 bibs or full length ?’ is closed to new replies.