Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 30.9 seattube- 30.8 or 31.0 shim?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Frame runs a 30.9 seatpost.

Been offered a 26.8 Thomson at a good price, but can’t find the correct shim.

Would a 10.8 or 31.0 have more success, or should I just get a post that fits!?

IA

If I was gonna bodge it, I’d be tempted to go for the slightly larger shim and then if need be take some wet n dry paper to the outside of it to reduce the diameter a fraction.

Mike
    Free Member

I’m after a black inline 26.8mm If that’s what you have and could swap you a silver 30.9mm if that’s any good?!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Any photos Mike? Silver ain’t my thing, but may be easier to swap a silver for black..

Leigh
    Free Member

i have a black 30.8 thompson that fits in a giant perfectly thats ment to be 30.9 going spare?

Mike
    Free Member

I’ll just go take some and mail them to you asap…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I bought a 27.2 thomson post the other week and needed a shim to get it to fit my specialized frame which is 30.9

I decided I would be best off getting the 31.0, I did and bingo, it works perfectly.

Theres a slit line down the length of the shim anyway, so you can compress it slightly to fit.

GW
    Free Member

thomsons are available in 30.9 I’d wait til one turns up for sale.

shims are hellish if you raise/lower your post often, plus I’ve also seen frames crack from the stress they cause.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Any luck Mike?

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘30.9 seattube- 30.8 or 31.0 shim?’ is closed to new replies.