Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 29er recommendations
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Been looking at getting a 29er hardtail through cyclescheme for work duties and also trail days when the susser doesn’t need to come out.

Been looking at the Genesis High Latitude and possibly the Singular Buzzard (would be cheapish custom build). Any good things to say about these two, any others worth looking into?

Clobber
    Free Member

Buzzard is a great ride, great pedalling, great climbing, great pointing down etc. Most fun 29er ht I’ve ever had and all without having to compromise any other aspects usually associated with a fun bike to ride.

z1ppy

Can I throw the Whyte x29 series too into the mix? Great bikes.
    Will come in lighter than those you’ve chosen being ali as both of your mention are not light frames (still no doubt great bikes), and basically similar geo (ok longer CS’s).
    Got a lot of good press..

Clobber
    Free Member

z1ppy you’ve mentioned 2 things I wouldn’t buy in a 29er longer chainstays and aluminium

z1ppy

Why?
    I’m not saying there hugely long, just longer than those above (dependant on the way there measured…), there still shorter than many others.
    As for no ali, why not for the OP, he’s asking for recommendations? (you may have you own personal choice’s but does he?)
    It’ll make the bike significantly lighter for the same components, and any “flex” of a steel frame is dependant on it’s build/tubing, so you’ve no guarantee.

Supposed I should also mention the Trek Stanche too, as another ali alternative option 😀

bungalistic
    Free Member

My preference would be for a steel hardtail but that does limit my options and I do have a price limit with it being through cyclescheme.

I have looked at the Trek Stache as a friend has one and I do quite like it.

z1ppy

You can top up cycle schemes can’t you?
    (I suppose that may be scheme dependant).

OK hows about the Piperdream Scion R853 or Sirius R853, Cotic Solaris, Kenesis Decade Virsa or Ragley Bigwig

bungalistic
    Free Member

I probably could top it up through the shop I will buy from as I know them but don’t want to go OTT with the build or price just yet. Solaris is probably a bit pricey but I do quite like em

danti

Being a Solaris owner I’d wholeheartedly recommend it, yeah it will cost a bit more…
    Are you able to spread the cost of that increase?

It also depends on if you’re planning on keeping it longer than C2W scheme.

takisawa2

Solaris, but spec an Exotic Carbon rigid fork & SS & it should come in under £1k. You’ll be surprised how rideable such a machine is.

If you need gears, pick up the 1×10 bits from Bike.de etc later.

chrisr1983
    Free Member

On-One Inbred 29er?

bungalistic
    Free Member

I have spare bits I could use if i went the custom build option, providing I can get frame, forks and wheels from shop via cyclescheme.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘29er recommendations’ is closed to new replies.